VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Sec On 60 Minutes Nov 9, 2014

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I wonder if the list and reasons are public. The link says 4 executive level employees and the rest are low level employees like pharmacists and mail clerks. Pharmacists are causing rescheduling and mail clerks too? Sounds like they are th fall guys/scape goats who probably helped but acting on orders.

• In Memoriam

Thanks for teh heads up berta,

Time and Time again there are pharmacist that steel drugs and start their own business, but they have to find a good mailing clerk to mail the stuff out.

These guys have been caught ant procecuted many times. It is hard to believe they just move them around, because the union keeps their jobs for them.

Edited by Stretch

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope they get whats coming to them...I knew 2 vets that died because of the long wait to be seen!

I can't til its gotten better? still takes a long long time for an appointment!...at my VAMC.

Just watched the segment! I was shocked! I am new to the VA system and I didn't realize it was so bad. The one with the patient hospitalized for 8 years for a mental health condition and nobody made him an appointment. That's ridiculous!

The secretary came to tears at the end I was moved, but General Shinshiki was well known and was well liked by many member of the military and he was active so it's hard to take that at face value.

So the reform plan looks like a 1 year goal for complete reform. Streamlined website which I am confused by because it's healthevet, e-bennies, and caregiver program and ???. Those are the ones I know of. Hopefully congregating to one site and moving information doesn't cause more problems. Faster benefits processing and health care seems to be in the works. His reform plan is unveiled tomorrow.