VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Sec On 60 Minutes Nov 9, 2014

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• In Memoriam

WE have to give Bob a chance. I am impressed by him and think he will be the best SEC VA that has every been. My buddy says lets just watch hime a while. We will see.

he doesn't look like so many SEC's that have cut deals with big pharma and unions. Ones that have been around for awhile know who I am talking about.

I liked what I heard.

That being said: The VA consists of we Unfortunate Souls (US) and The Heavily-Entrenched Mafia (THEM).

They benefit from keeping things The Way They Are and They know the VA's labyrinthine tunnels and poison pills better than us all. Time is also on Their side.

It is up to US to help Bob bring Them in line (I don't think it possible to oust all of The Evil Ones) by reporting to him the real gouge on our experiences.

The veterans I meet who say, "The VA has always been great to me" are part of the problem; what they are essentially saying is, "To hell with everyone else, all these whiners, I like it the way things are and will fill out surveys declaring so."

If the VA were fulfilling its mission, these forums wouldn't exist.

Broken & battered vets slipping into homelessness run headlong into The Wall and languish and die. That ain't the America I was sold.

If VA workers had their nose in the food bowl of bikers or the Mob you can bet things would be different; do we deserve any less?

We need to expose The Evil Inside because THEM are gonna fight Bob every step of the way. I'm glad he didn't just ask for more billions because you know the lion's share goes to THEM and little or none trickles down to US.

The complacency of previous veterans has allowed this Monster to grow to what it is now; it is up to US to help Bob get it back into line or hold his feet to the fire for not doing so.

Send your horror stories to: bob.mcdonald@va.gov or it might be Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov - my search isn't being very effective.

I was also impressed by Bob's interview on 60 Minutes. I agree we should give him a chance and try to help anyway we can. As he said, it is going to take time to implement all the changes in his reorganization plan so we all have to be patient. However, nothing says we should just sit back and keep our mouths shut if we see something that needs changed or see him doing something that obviously will hurt veterans. We have his e-mail address so we can and should let him know our concerns. We should also e-mail suggestions to him. Let him hear from the veterans, not just VA employees. JMO

I was shocked when Bob said the VA needs to hire 28,000 new doctors. The VA has increased the pay for their doctors in an effort to attract better doctors to the VA. In the interim, a lot of vets will be going to private doctors at the VA's expense.