VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr's Notes Wrong,now What?

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

I have finally gotten into Myhealthvet and read some of the notes that has been made about me. Some by the Psych and others by the Vet Hotline.

There are many errors and what was said twisted. I am going to try and copy and past some of the most glaring.

Any advice or help is appreciated;

Within the last month have you had thoughts of harming or killing yourself? Yes, patient admits to having thoughts of harming him/herself. What type of thoughts have you been having? Suicidal Ideation (thoughts of killing oneself/engaging in suicide-related behavior) When did the thoughts start, how often do they occur, and have these changed over time (i.e.in intensity or frequency)? Describe: Started 10 years ago. Plan since 10 years ago. No intent. Somewhat increased intensity of SI recently. Do you have a plan for how you would harm or kill yourself? Yes, patient has a plan for harming or killing self.

No intent?, if I didn't have intent I would not be there!

Are you feeling hopeless? No

I am feeling very hopeless and getting worse. Liars

Do you have the means available? Comment: Not right now

"Means" yes I do, guts, not today! Liars

Pt reports that he notes that his mood worsens as his tinnitus worsens. The pt reports that his tinnitus bothers him "all day and night." He states that he feels this contributes significantly to his depressed mood

The tinnitus is "constant"..."it has gotten worse over the years". It is not like it changes throughout the day! Twisting words....My mood is almost constant as well!!!!!

The pt notes that he has had intermittent SI over the past 10 years. The pt states that he has had the same plan to end his life for the past 10 years. The pt states that his wife had a "mental break down" 10 years ago and her psychiatrist informed him that "he was her rock" and he states that ever since then he feels like he could never harm himself because he would be abandoning his wife.

My wife had a mental breakdown in 1989. 25 YEARS AGO, not 10 years ago. I stated that she is what gives me the strength to not kill myself, but my strength is getting weaker!!!! And I read this crap it is not helping. Liars!!!!!

MSE: APPEARANCE: well dressed in appropriate attire ATTITUDE: cooperative; pleasant MOTOR BEHAVIOR: no signs of psychomotor agitation or retardation SPEECH: regular in rate, rhythm, tone, volume, spontaneity and production ATTENTION: adequate by spelling 'world' forwards and backwards and by serial 7s ORIENTATION: x4 MOOD: "depressed" AFFECT: congruent PERCEPTUAL DISTURBENCES: denies THOUGHT PROCESS/THOUGHT D/O: logical and goal directed DELUSIONS, OBSESSIONS, COMPUJSIONS: denies MEMORY: intact per eval but not formally tested INSIGHT: good JUDGMENT: good.

DSM-5 MDD Rule Out PTSD

How do you rule out something that you will not allow me to tell you about?

. Given patient's chronic suicidality, the patient will likely benefit from individual therapy as well as group therapy that can be tailored around his work schedule if at all possible. Diagnostically, the patient certainly meets criteria for recurrent major depression, however, this writer will future meetings with pt to tease out further symptoms of PTSD, given that at this time he does not have a clear criterion A trauma. No evidence of bipolarity in mood or evidence of psychosis.

A PTSD screening test (PTSD 4Q) was positive (score=4).

??????

From Hotline Notes

Call Synopsis: Suicidal ideation without suicidal intent. Veteran struggles with suicidal thoughts more intensely lately and reports he is concerned. He does not talk to many people about how he is feeling but states he knows emotions are getting worse/ SI is worse. Depression has increased, nightmares often, agitation, and frequent moments of suicidal ideation. He is aware of how he may suicide but unwilling to disclose means. He accepts a consult for counseling supports. Responder discussed safety planning. Veteran has been able to turn to some supports (friends, family) and says he has spoken with his non-VA primary physician (this dr. prescribes his medication for depression). He states he will consider chatting or calling the crisis line again. provided veteran with SPC contact, Vet Center #, Vet 2 Vet contact. No flags in CAPRI

Suicide risk factors present: Chronic pain, chronic medical problems, and financial struggles.

I do have level 3 pain, but who don't at 64, I have a bum knee that aches constantly. I do have medical problems, but they are of no immediate concern. I NEVER SAID A WORD ABOUT FINANCIAL STRUGGLES......I earn a good living and both my wife and I have Beacon scores of 800+. Damn Liars

ATTENTION: adequate by spelling 'world' forwards and backwards and by serial 7s ORIENTATION: x4

I have not spelled anything forward or backwards and have no idea what the rest of that line means. I know I have overlooked other "errors"

Advice and or opinions please.

coastie,

A verifiable stressor is ONLY needed for a claim for SC of PTSD -

NO verifiable stressor is needed or associated in any way, with

a claim for secondary SC for MDD / Depression / Anxiety.

A "stressor" situation is needed to kick off a DX of PTSD.

Not the same for MDD / Depression / Anxiety.

The cause of your MDD, from what you have posted would be

secondary to the recurrent Tinnitus which is SC'd.

IMO - this is a clearer path - a lower threshold of proof - than the claim for SC of PTSD.

I'm not at all trying to imply at all, that you don't have PTSD and / or that you don't have a verifiable

stressor - just trying to help you with suggestions on the cleanest way to SC your MH condition/s.

If you are planning suicide in any way - it's time to go to the ER.

That's what they are there for and there is no shame in seeking help until you get it.

BTW - I notice you changed your profile picture and put you and your bride into it.

Nice photo - she needs you around.

jmho

• In Memoriam

I don't know how these lieing SOB's can live with their selves. I want them in prison. I will make every eforts to prosecute the ones that have lied in my claims. You are just going to have to hang in there. you will win in the end that is why these fools should not have lied.

• HadIt.com Elder

coastie 72, Hang in there your going to be ok buddy,

let these good folks here at Hadit help you.

Try not to let it bother you so much about what them D'r's say its happen to a lot of us Veterans & its stressful for sure but you know the truth and that's what matters buddy. This is just a process sort-a- speak that most of us veterans go through or going through or been there!

I don't know what I'd done without hadit.com

VA drives all of us Battie at times just hang in there and try not stress so much, you seem like a nice man caring man and We here at hadit know your going to win your claim and things will be ok.

Stay Tough My Friend