VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu And Voc Rehab

Rate this question

porg

Question

I am rated 70% PTSD and 10% hearing loss. I was on Family Medical Leave from my work due to my PTSD and signed up for Voc Rehab to possibly get a job where i didn't have to be with people. I had to quit Voc Rehab because I just can't pay attention enough to study. I have no short term memory and found myself unable to sleep due to the stress of failure in my Voc Rehab Classes. So now I have filed for TDIU. I am not working, no Voc Rehab. I am worried about yet another round of psychiatric exams. I find the entire process very stressful as I am sure we all do. I am hopeful that my failure with Voc Rehab will have a silver lining in as much as it will show that I cannot be retrained, and cannot work.

Best to all.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

And has Voc Rehab documented that your SCs have seriously hindered your ability to be Voc rehabed?

If so that is excellent evidence for TDIU.

All I have done with Voc Rehab is send them a heartfelt letter explaining that I have been and am unable to continue with the program due to my psychological condition, namely my PTSD. It was very difficult to admit failure but I am simply unable to succeed. Voc Rehab has not recommended an independent living program.

I don't know what they will put in my file and of course that is out of my control. I could only tell them what my efforts were, that I tried as much as I could and that for me that wasn't enough.