VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Are Dr.s Using Dea Rule As Excuse, Or Opportunity To To Stop Meds?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

They won't say what there reason is?

when something is not broke why try to fix it? that's what this is about with the DEA or their just showing there ''power' I guess they think were selling/or abuse the meds. my question is how the heck do they know? altho blood test will show if your using it, but that don't prove your selling it or abuse it'

My next Dr appointment is next month I'm going to ask my VA Dr if he is cutting me off my hydro and ask why? and if he can't prescribe for at least 3 months why?, because going to see the VA Docs once a month to refill my pain meds eh! ..Well whats a veteran to do? .

carlie I may start using your VAMC.

the fact is there are vets selling and abusing thier meds, but not everyone., and not me. I signed the narcotic contract, I took the pills as prescribed, I pass every drug test, .

If one jackass sets the park bench afire, you dont close the park.. you catch the jackass and punish them, not everyone else.

I wish they would offer fee based chiropractic care and a few bottles of EMU oil/.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Well it's sure is not working that way at Bay Pines VAMC.

I'd go see this doc or do a secure message to them thru myhealthevet

and request a copy of the Memo or whatever the heck the doc is basing this on.

I'd tell the doc - the hydrocodone is the ONLY thing that works for me - look at my arms - I'm not booting it -

I do not sell it or abuse it.

Write me a monthly script for 60 - 10 mg pills and I will break them in half - take a half and if in an hour

my pain level has not decreased to become tolerable - I will take the other half.

This was personally what I did - no longer a problem - my PCP writes a new script each month -

although I do need to call the CBOC to remind her.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho

thanks Carlie, thats what I did, I quoted verbaitim what the doctor told me over the phone and let them know the Tramadol isnt working. If they dont switch me back to something that works, I will request the regulation that the doc claims is the reason he cut me off.

Ps the nurses for my doctor told me., DO NOT USE SECURE MESSAGING .. CALL,,

The reason they dont like vets using secure messaging is there is proof of the message/ when they open the message there is a READ reciept, proving they got the message. They dont want anyone to garner leverage of accountability. I still use secure messaging, and will continue to do so. Our tax dollars were used to create the system, and we should utilize it.

I have record of all messages I sent and thier reply. when they were sent, who opened them and when.

Edited by 63SIERRA

They won't say what there reason is?

when something is not broke why try to fix it? that's what this is about with the DEA or their just showing there ''power' I guess they think were selling/or abuse the meds. my question is how the heck do they know? altho blood test will show if your using it, but that don't prove your selling it or abuse it'

My next Dr appointment is next month I'm going to ask my VA Dr if he is cutting me off my hydro and ask why? and if he can't prescribe for at least 3 months why?, because going to see the VA Docs once a month to refill my pain meds eh! ..Well whats a veteran to do? .

carlie I may start using your VAMC.

The docs must write a brand new rx every month, no refills/ so what that does is cause it to be a pain in the ass for the doc, thats what DEA wanted to do. So if makes the docs more accountable. It is not our fault, the docs chose thier profession. If they cant handle it, they should go somewhere else, or get thier big union involved to make the DEA to cut them some slack. If the doctors are "too busy" to handle the new regulations and still provide acceptable care, then either the VAMC need to hire more staff, contract it out , or fold the damend tent and give all vets a private health care card.

ATTACHED is the letter they sent me, 2 weeks before the dr called and told me the VA NO LONGER SUPPORTS HYDROCODONE FOR CHRONIC PAIN.

VA DEA.pdf

Edited by 63SIERRA