VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Employee Sues Va

Berta

VA employee's lawsuit reveals retaliation by VA:

In part:

"Aruna Jha alleges the threatening behavior began just as a national scandal and Congressional probe into conditions at Veterans Affairs hospitals was brewing, the Chicago Sun-Times is reporting.

Jha, a social worker at the west suburban hospital for eight years, says in a lawsuit filed Wednesday that she warned her bosses in Sept. 2013 that the quadriplegic veteran's wife was upset with the VA and that Hines staff had been unresponsive to her requests.

But when the wife, who was acting as the veteran's caregiver, hanged herself in February at her helpless husband's bedside, the head of Hines' spinal cord injury unit and her manager told Jha to redact and revise her notes about the September meeting, Jha alleges."

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/27369428/lawsuit-va-bosses-retaliated-against-social-worker-after-vets-wifes-suicide

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh my! that's so sad!

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA are scumbags and only care about CYA. Like all big organizations. I drove a Honda for ten years with an airbag that could have killed me and my wife. I just found out about it a few weeks ago. No apology, just waited 2 hours to have the bags replaced. GM covered up the ignition that killed and then they pretend they know nothing. It is everywhere.

This is the precise reason why I dont see any real changes on the horizon for VA. There simply is no "teeth" to the law prohibiting the VA from retaliating on whistleblowers. The VA gets away with it again and again, and its the whistleblower who suffers, not those at fault for the problem who prompted the whistle blower.

If VA can supress anyone from "coming out" and telling the truth about the real VA, then it continues unabated. However, if whistleblowers can really bring this to their superiors attention without fear of retaliation, then we can see changes. Otherwise, its the same old same old "look the other way"..."you scratch my back I scratch yours" policy currently in place.

• HadIt.com Elder

Funny how the VA can change records to protect their sorry posteriors but can't correct a record that is wrong.

I hope that the people who tried to cover up are fired.