VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Other Specified Trauma/stressor What?

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Okay so I am still awaiting the "official" BBE to come but I do have a coordinator I have been in contact with for several months and she is at the RO office. She and I were chatting today and she "unofficially" told me my breakdown and one of them is 30% for Other Specified Trauma/Stressor......WHAT IS THAT?

I had a MH claim in for Anxiety/Sleeping - Eating Disorder and then I added PTSD/MST a few months ago. The original claim is from May 2013.

In addition I was 0% S/C for my Eating Disorder Anorexia Nervosa which is great b/c I can get the treatment now and the VA will out source me to a treatment facility.

But I am baffled at the Other Specified Trauma/Stressor....Anyone heard of this????

I was hoping that they would put it under PTSD since your therapist did give you the diagnosis of PTSD.

You will need to find out what rating code they are putting this under.

Do you feel like the 30% rating is correct?

I don't mean based on the C&P but based on where your symptoms match up in the rating schedule?

No actually I don't NavyWife - I feel like the rating should be higher but they are so confused b/c of my eating disorder. The C&P examiner even stated my eating disorder was really out of whack. I got 0% for Eating Disorder Anorexia Nervosa b/c unfortunately I didn't meet any higher % in that rating. I know the C&P Examiner stated:

Mental Disorder Diagnosis #1: Anorexia Nervosa, purging type due to MST - see Eating Disorder DBQ - My problem here is my eating disorder was from bootcamp 1990 but diagnosed 1992 around the time of the MST

Mental Disorder Diagnosis #2: OSTS related to MST - subclinical level of PTSD, which is difficult to determine given the severity of her eating disorder and the overlap in areas regarding the symptom profile presentation.

She did stated the wording that warrants 30% MH rating.....

I felt like I should have been rated at least 50-70%

It seems very common that VA rates mental health issues low at first, then the vet has to keep requesting increases to get to the rating they should be at.

Now that you have the service connection, you can start researching options for getting an increase. A request for reconsideration with New & Material evidence of a doctors IME and or DBQ might be a good place to start. The women's coordinator that has been helping you can hopefully assist with getting an increase, too.

Good job, I think most veterans get kow rating at first. Navywife knows about me little. I got shot 2x, blown for multiple times, 4x unconscious during mt time in iraq 2x... VA gave me 0% for those injuries and I just completed 6 c&p exams last week in order to bump up my rating...

I am praying for best right now. ...