VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Don't Look Good.

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

Looks like my husband's claim for PTSD will be denied. He was diagnosed in Jan. 2914 through VA. Their Psychologist and Psychiatrist concurred on the diagnosis. Has been receiving therapy through PTSD counselor at VA since diagnosis. Counselor says he is a "mess." Severe PTSD and major depressive disorder.

Now the examiner says my husband's problems are the result of his physical health (kidney disease) that was diagnosed two years ago. It's true that the ### really hit the fan at that time with PTSD symptoms becoming more severe. His counselor explained the reason for this is because he had to cut his work schedule to less than 1/2 time and has more time to dwell on things. Counselor said this is a common occurrence with PTSD.

The C&P results have not been posted on Myhealthevet yet; DAV rep gave us this info. I know we will need to wait for the official rating but looks like a long process is in front of us and my husband has very severe and worsening issues at work as a result of the symptoms.

Do you think contacting the VA secretary would help?

Thanks

Kate

I hate to see this happen to people, but it does all too often. The RO has their "tome of evil" in hand now (C&P exam) and may not budge. Granted, I don't have much experience other than my own. IMO, I don't think the "reconsideration" is of much use here. I don't see where a DRO hearing would work out either. The way I would proceed is to put in a NOD, grab the denial (appeal) for the Kidney disease and any other denied contentions, throw in TDIU and head for a BVA hearing. I am not giving this as advice; just a possible path that one could think about. All the RO knows is the M21-1R and any fast letters that come down the pike. I have never had a valid VCAA letter yet. They either list evidence they don't have or don't list the positive evidence that I give them. I don't think much of VSOs since I have been screwed by a couple which cost me years of pain and frustration.

When you are in your sixties you want to enjoy life and shed the shackles of a stressful life. Throw in a chronic illness and there is enough pain and suffering to go around the whole family. I am just too old, sick and tired to deal with the VA so for me the answer is an attorney. They have the impetus to win since they are getting paid out of your back pay. Eighty percent of somethin' is better than 100% of nuthin'. You may find a good attorney that will go into the case pro bono because it is a Camp Lejuene case. Anyway they know which path to take, since it is their bread and butter to know. Just some food for thought is all. Happy holidays! :smile:

Kate please read my post here today:

I have no idea who these C & P docs are and where they performed PTSD C & P exams.

You might want to contact Ben Krause on this.

Tell him that the VA conceded his stressor, even though the C & P doc said "none" and the RO did not consider Clemons V Shinseki.

I have commented at Ben's site. He might know who I am...but tell him Berta Simmons, www.hadit.com,

referred you to him because that was a strange C & P exam, in my opinion,and I have been reading PTSD C & P exams for over 20 years.

Ben is an advocate and does not handle personal claims as far as I know, but should hear from ANY veteran denied PTSD with what appears to be a possible bogus PTSD C & P exam.

Kate please read my post here today: have no idea who these C & P docs are and where they performed PTSD C & P exams.You might want to contact Ben Krause on this.Tell him that the VA conceded his stressor, even though the C & P doc said "none" and the RO did not consider Clemons V Shinseki.I have commented at Ben's site. He might know who I am...but tell him Berta Simmons, www.hadit.com,referred you to him because that was a strange C & P exam, in my opinion,and I have been reading PTSD C & P exams for over 20 years.Ben is an advocate and does not handle personal claims as far as I know, but should hear from ANY veteran denied PTSD with what appears to be a possible bogus PTSD C & P exam.

Thanks Berta,

I did send him an email on dec 22 but no response as of yet.

Kate