VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Venting

Rate this question

USCG CWO4

Question

Two things that I want to vent about.

I had an appeal that was decided in my favor back in September. Still no paper work or retro. DAV tells me to wait a couple of months and if still nothing to call them back.

I have a claim in since last June (2013), did the C& P exam and the VA changed it from an FDC to a regular claim. Had my knee replaced in February. That was added to the existing claim. I had the C&P for that. In June the claim went to PFD, then back to GOE, I needed an updated HIPPA form. Sent that in back in June, still sitting in GOE. I have called the 800 number and they told me to call back every 30 days. Last time I called back the woman on the phone told me I had access to Ebennies and that I should use that to check on my claims, then she proceeded to read me what it said on ebennies, useless. I called the DAV in Sept and spoke to someone other than my nml guy and he looked into it and told me to call back in 30 days if no change. So I called back in Oct and now Nov. This time the DAV told me that it can take awhile for them to decide and that I should be patient. He then told me to call back in 3 months if no change. Hell in three months I will be past the year mark fro my TKR. He told me not to worry cause I would get retro.

If you read this far thank you. I don't expect any answers and I know some others on here have had a worse time with the VA. I just wanted to vent.

Take Care

BrocnoVet,

Here is a different example of why someone would vent, lets say I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and was upset. Lets say we were friends and i wanted to tell you about how this tumor was gooing to kill me. Do I expect you to operate on me or have another way to cure me? No! I would expect you as a friend t listen. Its called compassion.

Unlike my example above you had a choice to read and then respond to my post. So if you don't understand why I posted then don't respond or else PM and ask me.

• Founder

USCG CWO4 - I totally feel your pain.

My venting is...why is this whole process difficult at all? I know I'm naive here and totally simplifing the problem, but for me...I'd like to call a number or go to an office/doctor/hospital/ (you fill in the blank here)....explain my situation and have someone tell me "yes you are eligible, please fill out this paperwork" or "no you are not eligible, have a nice day". I feel like I'm following this VA Claims process, bogging down the system for TRUE heroes who deserve benefits and need help more than me....all because this process is like chinese arthimetic. Or maybe I'm just feeble minded...but navigating ebenefits, keeping track of the paper trail, following up on calls to the VA - that is IF by the grace of GOD you are lucky enough to get a call through to the VA, all the crap I have to go through to submit this claim on top of taking care of life. It's all overwelming.

Then to find out the VA will deny benefits because you didn't follow a process correctly, or some other technicality...its disgraceful. I thank God I do not have PTSD and have to deal with the VA.

Anyway, I'll stop before I get all riled up. Best of luck to everyone here trying to get help they need and deserve.

It is indeed overwhelming,

Try IRIS, the VA automated Responses system...go to www.va.gov and click on the Contact Us thing in the upper right of the VA Home page and then click on Ask us a question.

Was this a BVA appeal award or a RO award?

Usually an award at the RO level shouldnt take too long before the retro gets into the bank.

I always got my retro prior to even getting the award letter. Many do.

If you have direct deposit it pays to check the bank account from time to time..

Best to ask for en email or snail response.

The VA can say anything by phone and we have no proof of what they say.

Edited by Berta