VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Request To Have Inferred Iu Deferred, Eed?

Rate this question

ollieee6

Question

Greetings All.

Many thanks to the forum.

Jan 2007- Filed a claim for PTSD with VA. Submitted IMO which states Permanently unable to work based solely on my PTSD.(which is the same Dr. that now treats me at the VA). Awarded 10% Oct. 2007

Jan 2007- Filed a claim for PTSD with SSA. Awarded FULL disability benefits June 2007, based solely on my SC PTSD. At that time, I did not submit documents to VA.

Jan 2009- Filed for VocRehab, and was approved, still rated at 10% VA compensation.

May 2009- Filed claim for increase, and requested IU, but did not complete for 21-8940.

March 2010- Increase approved to 30% and IU denied because 21-8940 was not submitted.

April 2010- Filed for an increase once again,Submitted my SSA records, and VA requested records as well.VA references my SSA award in decision rating: You have significant restrictions dealing with others, and cannot adequately relate to the public, and showed my records as evidence. Remember, my SSA award is based solely on my SC disability of PTSD.

Sept 2010- Evaluation of PTSD, which is currently 30% disabling is continued.

May 2011- VocRehab was found to be infeasible.

Feb. 2014- filed for an increase. Submitted new evidence, evidence of failed VocRehab, and also submitted SSA records once again, letters from family members.

Sept 2014- C&P

Oct 2014- Saw movement on ebennies. Claim went from ROE to PDA within 2 weeks.

Oct 30 2014- Claim moved back to GOE. Status changed, and reads:

You may be entitled to compensation at the 100 percent rate if you are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation because of your service-connected disabilities. If you believe you qualify, complete, sign, and return the enclosed VA Form 21-8940, Veterans Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

Date Requested: 10/30/2014
Due Date: 11/29/2014
Am I to gather that I have been rated high enough to meet the schedular requirements for IU? I feel I have provided ample evidence of severe disability due to my PTSD. Unfortunately I am experiencing a financial hardship, and I do not have the time to wait for the IU process, although I have not worked since 2006. I contacted 1800 and also IRIS, requesting to defer mu claim for IU and proceed with a formal rating decision based on the evidence of record.
with all this being said, since my claim is in the GOE stage, is it possible for me to submit a request to have my claim be granted the highest rating possible with the earliest effective date, dating back to my SSA award date? The evidence provides a clear indication of impaired functioning sufficient for the highest rating possible..or should I await the formal rating, then file a CUE? Thanks so much in advance.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet