VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Ever Taken Gabapentin?

Rate this topic

I saw my doc today and discussed that I had numbness in my toes and pain like a needle sticking in my feet then a burning sensation right after. She put me on the Gabapentin and added fish oil for chloresterol. Has anyone ever taken it and what side effects should I expect. They list some pretty wild ones.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some have reported that it increases your appetite and makes you gain weight. I have not noticed any increase in my appetite and I have been taking Gabapentin for quite awhile. I have thought about changing to Lyrica because my Gabepentin seems to be losing it's effect and I am taking 800mg 3 times a day.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Gabapentin did make me hungry and put on a few pounds.

I take Gabapentin on a daily basis 4 times a day. I am currently on the 400mg capsules and I must say that it has its pros and cons. It did make me gain some extra weight and appetite as well. Sometimes when I awake first thing in the morning I have to sit on the edge of the bed to gather myself to prevent falling down.

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke to the doctor about feeling woozy or feeling like you got up to quick from lying down. It is a side effect but it should ease up once your body get use to taking the new medicine.