VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

'my Sacrifice Wasn't Great Enough': Purple Heart Soldier Shot Five Times In Afghanistan Told He's Not Sufficiently Disabled To Get Funds To

Notorious Kelly

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a companion story, he was shot by the Afgan troops he was training. This guy also had a brother KIA in Iraq. Something is just not right with this story. I hope he has requested assistance from his congressman and senator.

Wouldnt this vet be eligible for a small repairs, alteration loan , to accomodate his wheel chair ,from the VA while waiting for whatever he is waiting for?

I assume he means he awaits a Special Adaptive Housing decision.But he also wants a larger home.

"About Home Loans

VA helps Servicemembers, Veterans, and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners. As part of our mission to serve you, we provide a home loan guaranty benefit and other housing-related programs to help you buy, build, repair, retain, or adapt a home for your own personal occupancy.

VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, such as banks and mortgage companies. VA guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling the lender to provide you with more favorable terms."

http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/

Someone has been complaining to me lately that VA would not give her husband, a vet, a loan for repairs on their home.

She said they (VA) said they need to do the repairs first and then VA will give them a repair loan.????

I didnt tell her but VA processed my COE in less than 20 minutes 2 years ago and my financial entity called me and asked how much I needed.

I was thinking of adding on an additional room for my PC and my books etc.and the Building inspector loved my idea but said one part of it would not meet the health code. I was going to dope out my specs again,moving the addition to a different part of my house but decided I didn't want any debt at all.

Kindle has cut down my need to buy more books anyhow.I only buy the annual VBM and a a few Bible commentaries for my bible study program.

When the woman griped to me about the VA denial I knew there was more to her story that I thought.

She keep asking me what she should do....I sure don't know.

I think there is more to this story too...maybe their church could help them.

I wonder if this vet is getting the proper compensation from VA but nothing in the story indicates what he gets in compensation.