VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi & Tdiu

Rate this question

Gvubcd1

Question

Does SSDI help IU claim when it was awarded solely on VA medical Records? 70% major depressive disorder plus others =90% total s/c. Applied for IU as soon as I got SSDI approval letter. It only took ssa 2.5 months to approve.

Does SSDI help IU claim when it was awarded solely on VA medical Records? 70% major depressive disorder plus others =90% total s/c. Applied for IU as soon as I got SSDI approval letter. It only took ssa 2.5 months to approve.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt. You're headed in the right direct IMO.

A SSDI award is ,in essense, an independent medical opinion.

If the award is solely for your SC conditions, that is good evidence to send with a TDIU form. I think it is question # 18 on the TDIU form , check Yes and then make sure they understand you mean you receive SSDI solely for you SC conditions.

If the SSDI award predates the TDIU claim by one year or less it is possible they will give you retro TDIU back to the SSDI award date.(Because that is when entitlement "arose")

Edited by Berta

Thanks for the info. I just had the c&p exam with a mental health examiner for the iu claim. It took 3 hours or so and i had to take a true/false test on the computer then he asked me the same ?s verbally. So very different than previous mental health exams bc they took like 15 minutes. Kind of has me worried.

I am currently at 90% for ptsd and a bunch of other conditions as well. I filed for TDUI back in May of this year and my claim is currently in the PFD phase on ebenefits. I attached the ssdi award letter along with my TDUI form and I hope it makes a bigger impact on the decision soon. I have been reading a lot of responses from other vets and it seems like a lot of folks are getting the TDUI forms mailed to them because they were 70% for one condition. I had to file for mine once I found on this great website called www.hadit.com. Ill keep everyone posted and things move along. Good luck

It also may help your IU claim if you have a denial letter from Voc Rehab stating you are unemployable. JMO