VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed !

Rate this topic

bangajay

Thank you navy4life. I have a question how should I go about filling out this unemployability form ?? I don't know if I need to include certain stuff or what !! I'm still unemployed I was receiving unemployment but it ran out. I think I need help with the nod. I filed and did my claims by myself now it's getting hard for me I just don't know what to do on my own. Any suggestions

Hey Bangajay. I am surprised they didn't solicit claim for IU. Anyway. What you need to do is get claim in for IU. If I was you I would go ahead and submit form 21-8940 along with form 21-4192. The form 8940 is for IU and it is going to ask what disabilities prevent you from working, then last job worked, and if you were self employed if you didn't have any work in the last five years. They will also ask about social security disability information as far as if you are currently receiving SSA disability or been denied SSA. If you have an employer, then the 4192 comes into play for that employer to fill out the info on your behalf. But to stay ahead I would submit that much along with info about SSA. Don't worry though because we can get SSA info quickly if you don't have it. I work for the VA so I am sharing this because sharing is caring :smile:. Good luck to you and don't give up. Go NAVY!!!!!!!!

Thanks mont36 I have been in the military the 8 years so that's all I can go by !! I really appreciate it I will get that in tomorrow. Do I need any help with it or its fairly easy to do by myself. I don't know how these going to contact my last duty station well they should know. Thanks again mont

If the military is all you have been in as far as work then they will go off that but you still have to fill out 8940 for VA regulations to be fulfilled and then they will move forward to see if you have SSA disability or have been denied SSA. After all that depending on if you have other information to submit, then they will go forward with exam. Understand this your service connected conditions are going to be looked at as far as whatever is causing you to be unable to work. You will have to put that on the form. Make sure you fill everything out on the form and if you are stuck get answers before turning in.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use