VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Rate this question

pilotjones

Question

Medically retired Nov of last year with a combined rating of 80%. (70% Ptsd (mst).10% left wrist tendinitis,10% right wrist tendinitis.) As of Nov 2014 all of my ratings are the same, however the va started a claim for a PTSD increase May 2014. I truly had no idea. One day of fiddling around on ebennies and I stumbled across the open claim. My main question is what warranted the va's need to increase my disability?

Please don't confuse my question with disapproval. I just didn't know the Va could do that. As a matter of fact I was attempting to file an increase on ebenefits for my PTSD when I saw one was started on my behalf. It's been almost 2 months since my c&p exam and I was told that my claim is under review. I'm being as patient as possible but my homelessness, lack of medical treatment for my diagnosis and unemployability is killing me! Literally. After months of intakes and all that crap only to offer me the soonest appointment of JANUARY 05, 2015?. ( that's a story for another day)

Since my homelessness I'm afraid whatever development letter they claimed to have sent won't be seen by me. I have a VSO but he is far from helpful. I spend most of time scrolling this forum because he rarely has any answers for my questions.

As of recently I have been diagnosed with Ibd.

(possibly secondary to my PTSD?). And I'm at a loss how this new issue could possibly negatively impact my ptsd claim. The ibd claim has quite a few 'contentions' to add as far as my newly discovered hemorrhoids and chronic iron deficient anemia. Not to mention the 3 bowel obstructions that accompany my ibd diagnosis. Should I file? Or wait until I'm in the clear and receive the change (if any) in my current ratings.

Mainly just looking to be pointed in the right direction.

Thank you for your time.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question