VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Hold Letter From Va

Rate this question

Stretch

Question

• In Memoriam

This is what the new AO hold letter, for Blue Water Vets, looks like. I have chopped the letter in size to use less web space. I also removed my name and file number. Go to the button at the lower right to expand the Letter. As you move your curser the expand button will appear at the bottom right of the letter.

post-167-1160625876_thumb.gif

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

Thanks Mike- this regards the Stay proceedings and hopefully, the stay will be resolved soon.

At least the VA is telling AO Blue Water veterans the status of all of these claims.

• In Memoriam

Berta,

Wonder what Nov. 7 2006 has in common with the last day for the VA to appeal AO CVAC decision and elections.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.vawatchdog.org/old%20newsflashe...0-15-2006-1.htm

The Secretary of Veterans Affairs has implemented a stay on the adjudication of Haas-like claims.

However, a recent decision of the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims makes it clear that the VA has not followed the proper procedure for taking such action.

So, on September 28, we filed a Writ of Mandamus with the Court, requesting that the Court order the VA to rescind its illegal stay of proceedings on Haas-like claims.

Yesterday, the judge ordered the VA to file an answer to our Writ by October 26.

Additionally, the VA has asked the Department of Justice to appeal the Haas decision, but the DOJ has yet to do so.

They have until November 7 to appeal.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Richard V. Spataro

Staff Attorney

National Veterans Legal Services Program

1600 K Street, NW, Suite 500

Washington, DC 20006-2833

Tel: (202) 265-8305, ext. 149

Fax: (202) 328-0063

Email: rick_spataro@nvlsp.org