VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam For Increase?

Rate this question

vistagirl81

Question

My husbands C&P exam is coming up very soon and he would like me to ask if there is anything he should or should not say about how he feels and what he is going through ? He just got out of the psyc ward per his Psychiatrists advice and it did not improve his situation. Any responses will be appreciated. He said that he just does not want to mess up. His exams are for PTSD with major depressive disorder and migraines. I think it is a C&P exam for his unemployability.Thank you in advance.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Glad to help, but they seriously did that to me. I was trying not to be an a-hole despite being in some serious pain. The doc asked me how I was and I said "fine". When I read the copy of my C&P exam, they actually quoted it. That is one thing MH docs and social workers do. You might not realize it, but when you sit down they might start typing in the exact text from your first couple of sentences. When I took a psychology class in college, they said that those phrases are usually the first things on your mind. I can't remember where I read it, but someone said you should say something to the effect of, "better than yesterday, but I still feel like sh-t". I never did that because they are supposed to be there to help you, but in reality it does make a lot of sense.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yes, that is definitely true. Also, please keep in mind that I was being facetious in my last post. Going into an MH C&P and stating what I quoted verbosely might not be the best option. I hope the C&P goes in his favor.

I understand. I will just tell him to tell the truth about how he is feeling even though he is anxious and nervous about it. I understand the truth is the best option but when he has, they threaten to put him in a residential facility or in a mental institution. For the C&P exam, i will tell him to tell the truth... Thank you.

Well he had his C&P exam and i do not think it was for his appeals. They said that it was to see if he was getting better but his last C&P was in at the end of 2012 and they both said they were going to mimic what the 2012 C&P said. I feel as though it was a waste of time. They could have just looked at his records because he sees a Psyc and a Social Worker and they document...... He has been waiting 740 days so far when an average appeal takes 310 days. All they have to do is read his medical records; heck, his social worker filled out the application form for his SSDI and stated he could not work.. I am a little frustrated right now. Thanks for reading.