VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability And Self Defense Class

Rate this question

yoshi

Question

If I have a VA rating and would like to take self defense courses, will this affect my rating if the local veterans office discovers this information? It's rough where I grow up and I need to learn how to fight or die. Will this violate my disability benefits?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with you Arng11. A shotgun with 00 buckshot at home is a good idea. I was told by someone I trust not to register your guns. If they are registered the government will know right where to go get them in case of fascist breakdown in society.

Arng11.......Do you have carry permit? I am not a pistol Pete so I have not gotten a concealed weapons permit. I thought about it. You really do have to practice with your weapon, know the law exactly, and be ready to kill if you are going to carry I think. I also see nothing wrong with self-defense class. I think where I live you can have a cane/sword and it is legal. I am not sure about that since I just read it on the web. What I have read in Florida for carrying a gun in a car is that it must be behind two locks. If that is true what good is it unless you have it concealed under the seat and have the permit which you must pay for and get finger printed etc. People in Florida seem to shoot each other all the time over a parking space.