VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally....

Rate this topic

free_spirit_etc

Finally....

My hearing was in September 2013.

The envelope came today.

The BVA issued a decision on my claim for DIC and accrued benefits.

New and material evidence having been received, the claim of entitlement to service connection for lung cancer for accrued benefits purposes is reopened.

Service connection for lung cancer for accrued benefits purposes is allowed.

Service connection for the cause of the veteran's death is allowed.

My husband would be very happy!

Thanks Computer Tech!

I am almost a stranger in here nowadays. But I would never have been able to win my claim without the help and information I found here at hadit.

Congrats.

Thanks arng11 and Notorious Kelly!

And yes, Notorious - I know that it is all a gift from my loving husband. Actually, I probably won't buy a lot. I will keep most of the money as a cushion or safety net; which is also a beautiful gift to have. I will certainly spend it wisely, as he paid a big price for me to have this - and I want to honor him with the money.

It is odd, but the money didn't please me as much as knowing I hung in there and finished his battle. And there were times when I wanted to give up. But nothing made him more angry than if I backed down in an argument when I knew I was right. Even when I was arguing with him, if I started to back down, he would just look straight at me and snap, "Don't you back down!"

So, in my weaker moments in fighting this battle, I could still here him say, "Don't you back down!" And it was especially important in this - as I was fighting to protect his honor. He deserved that.

Ironically, I have really put the issue aside for awhile, and just been in waiting mode. But now that I got the decision, I have been sad in a bitter-sweet kind of way. It isn't because the battle is over. It is because the loss of him has become even more real. I still love him very deeply and miss him very much.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use