• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Advertisemnt

• Trouble Remembering? This helped me.

I have memory problems and as some of you may know I highly recommend Evernote and have for years. Though I've found that writing helps me remember more. I ran across Tom's videos on youtube, I'm a bit geeky and I also use an IPad so if you take notes on your IPad or you are thinking of going paperless check it out. I'm really happy with it, I use it with a program called Noteshelf 2.

Click here to purchase your digital journal. HadIt.com receives a commission on each purchase.

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
Harley-1

Employment Tdiu Yearly Questionare

Question

Not shure if I should download and send in the no employment questionnaire or not just over a year now and nothing received in My mail yet? Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions : ) I have read pros and cons about taking it upon Myself and just sending in the Tdiu questionnaire when one is not received - looking for a little insight here - thanks.

Edited by Harley-1

Anything you can download and do yourself, you should, as the Venerable Berta would say. No one can ultimately manage your claim better than you. Granted there are people at the VA tasked with various parts of this, but quite frankly it seems to differ by regional office how well that works. I never depended on my CO or my lower chain of command exclusively for stuff like this, either, nor should you. You have you to worry about, claims reps and raters have 1000 or more each (or whatever the backlog is)

CAS

• Like 1

I would do as CAS says and send it certified mail or at least Proof of Mailing. I got to do that myself here in December. I have done it for about ten years and VA sent me the form only twice. I always download it and send it myself. I trust them not at all! It would be hell to get a letter from VA six months from now with proposed reduction due to not sending in the form. It has happened and the VA will swear they sent you the employment questionnaire and you did not return it.

John

• Like 2

I'd send it in anyway! The VA supposedly has removed the requirement for the form. stating that they can/will look at IRS data to determine if a veteran is employed.

If the VA in reply, sends you a letter saying that they no longer require the form, well and good, and keep the letter for future use.

After years of problems with the VA not doing what it should be doing by law, I'd recommend covering tail.

• Like 1

Does the same apply if you are rated P&T with no future exams?