VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Employment Tdiu Yearly Questionare

Rate this question

Harley-1

Question

Not shure if I should download and send in the no employment questionnaire or not just over a year now and nothing received in My mail yet? Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions : ) I have read pros and cons about taking it upon Myself and just sending in the Tdiu questionnaire when one is not received - looking for a little insight here - thanks.

Edited by Harley-1

Anything you can download and do yourself, you should, as the Venerable Berta would say. No one can ultimately manage your claim better than you. Granted there are people at the VA tasked with various parts of this, but quite frankly it seems to differ by regional office how well that works. I never depended on my CO or my lower chain of command exclusively for stuff like this, either, nor should you. You have you to worry about, claims reps and raters have 1000 or more each (or whatever the backlog is)

CAS

• HadIt.com Elder

I would do as CAS says and send it certified mail or at least Proof of Mailing. I got to do that myself here in December. I have done it for about ten years and VA sent me the form only twice. I always download it and send it myself. I trust them not at all! It would be hell to get a letter from VA six months from now with proposed reduction due to not sending in the form. It has happened and the VA will swear they sent you the employment questionnaire and you did not return it.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd send it in anyway! The VA supposedly has removed the requirement for the form. stating that they can/will look at IRS data to determine if a veteran is employed.

If the VA in reply, sends you a letter saying that they no longer require the form, well and good, and keep the letter for future use.

After years of problems with the VA not doing what it should be doing by law, I'd recommend covering tail.

Allright Guys- I will print one out -fill it out and fax it to Dav to submit on My behalf- seems to be better with Dav submitting any paperwork. Call Me crazy but the Va seems to allways get it that way. : ) thanks for advice Some Folks are Freaky about sending anything in without being asked for it?

Edited by Harley-1