VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hadit Redesign For 2015 - Suggestions For Tbird

• Founder

I like the suggestions Kelly, I would like to have a discussion forum for vets that can just chat back forth and it actually helps how and what all they did to win their claim...I read interesting stories about claims, I don't get out much and hadit actually helps me kinda a theraphy for me just reading post and reading bout what other veterans has went through....I wish I could help out more.

Thanks Ms T For all your hard work, in my opinion out of all the web sites on the internet to help veterans with there claims and how to cut time down wining their claim Hadit is number One!

Britton we have social chat forum and the shoutbox I think social chat might be what you're looking for me but I'm open to any suggestions to make it better!

THANKS TBird that google search feature will be a big help to many I think because everything here is googleable and already on Google.

• Founder

yes and there is a google search in the section of the forum I've attached an image showing where it is, you may have used it and perhaps don't like the way the results are styled but check it out if you haven't.

post-1-0-66264300-1417455109_thumb.png

• Founder

Saw your shout T and figured I'd give feedback here.

Hadit is chock full of helpful information but can be overwhelming for new visitors.

When giving driving directions to someone I try to think as if I was driving there for the first time: what would be helpful for me to know, use as landmarks etc.

1. "Where To Start" at the top for newbies who are walking into the VA labyrinth for the first time. Can have brief synopsis of The Process, what is 1st priority like deciding whether to use a VSA (pros and cons), ...

2. Claims and Medical Issues could be separate sections with their own flow

3. 2 columns of info instead of 3

4. Smaller chunks for each topic "Aid and Attendance Veterans Benefit" etc but keep the topic print large. So more topics may be seen on each page without scrolling.

I'm guessing the borders with a Red House and Blue House on left are placeholders for other info - I'd delete them if not being used so more info is on 1st page. On Hadit forum the first 2 pages are occupied so you have to go down to 3rd page to start getting to relevant information; I'd like to see what's relevant to me on 1st page.

5. Smaller Share buttons for Twitter etc. Everyone knows what those are - I use none of them and would like less emphasis on them.

6. PLEASE ignore the trend to put a pop up when people first reach the site - I Always ignore those and they are a turn off.

Thanks for all you do! :smile:

Cut it down to 2 columns and cut down on the number of words describing each topic but left the topic titles large got rid of th houses took off the social sharing buttons at the top for now, but i will probably add them to the side. i do not have any things installed that should pop up so if that is happening please let me know so i can see if it's something on my end or your end. also give me an idea of how you think the forums should be lined up. thanks so much for your input it really helps. check it out now http://haditvaclaims.com

• HadIt.com Elder

oh ok Thank you Ms T

Love the Google Search claims box- worked well on test search for PTSD and Apnea. I even modified to Apnea 2014 and it brought up posts including that.

Great idea having Ebenefits Questions and FAQs under VA Claims Forum. I also like the Tips for Veterans Applying for VA Benefits near the top.

You probably already give newbies info on posting but some tips I see which could help are:

1. Post a clear title like 'Need help preparing PTSD claim' or "VA med center won't schedule my surgery" instead of 'I have a question'.

Knowledgable people who don't have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn't clear in the title.

I don't read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

2. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story.

Again - You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading to:

3. Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

Example is:

A. I was previously denied for apnea - Should I refile a claim?

I was diagnosed with apnea in service and recived a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?

I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like "Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?" etc.

I'm not singling out any members here; these are common issues I see in many posts and have probably done myself.

Thanks, T! :smile:

Edited by Notorious Kelly

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use