VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anybody Know What This Means?

Rate this question

jlshand

Question

Sent an inquiry via email to VA about the status of my I.U claim. Got back an email saying they hve reached a decision and I will get the notification with two weeks.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THIS IS VA speak for approval or denial??

Followed up with a phone call and was told the claim was having to be "authorized" and that could take upto three months.

DOES this response indicate anything in VA speak????

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Guest jangrin

I think this is a good thing. We just got off the telephone with our regional office and thier comment to us was that the claim determination process is a 3 stage process.

1. records development

2. rating

3. authorization

could be they have made a decision.

I sure hore so for your sake.

Jangrin :rolleyes:

In the past when the VA told me my claim was with an authorizer it always meant something good.

But in January,2006 - 2 authorizors and the VSM signed off on my claim and the vet rep told me I should hear something very soon.It had gone through the same steps your did.

6 months later they sent me a letter stating it went to the BVA.

I hope this IS a good sign for you as no one can tell me why my claim needed 3 signatures but then was denied.

A vet rep I have known for years said they do not need 3 signatures to authorize denials -he didnt get it either. Then again maybe he really didnt know either.

So I certainly hope this is a very good sign for you.

It should not really take too long after they authorize the approval to get an award letter.

I now believe the magic word is Finance.

If it goes there , that is the best news of all to get.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

jlshand,

All decisions, whether it's a denial or an approval goes through "authorization." Having said that, if your claim involves any retro that exceeds $25,000.00, then it must get a third signature. The signature is usaully done by the Veterans Service Center Manager or their assisant, and things can take some extra time.

Vike 17