VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Dental To Pay To Fix My Teeth

Rate this topic

Well I really did it a few weeks ago....I am s/c for my eating disorder and once again I fainted b/c of it but this time I did it really good.... :sad:

I feel on the concrete and hit my jaw/face/mouth - causing damage to my front teeth. I went to the VA ER and was seen - almost admitted but allowed to go home after they got me stable and got my blood levels where they wanted me. Since I am S/C for my Anorexia Nervosa I thought to ask about getting my teeth fixed due to the reason they were damaged was b/c of my eating disorder. I put in a secure message to my PCP last week and just got the consult to dental! :biggrin:

So if I do get my teeth fixed it will save me thousands upon thousands of dollars....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting denied for the consult b/c I don't have S/C for dental. Am I going to have to open a new claim to get this S/C secondary to my Eating Disorder?

I spoke to the Chief Dentist just now and he says he will discuss with his other Doctor but they have VA Rules to go by....I told him to please review my ER notes from the VA ER indicating that my teeth injuries are a direct result from my fainting which is due to my S/C Eating Disorder.

UGH

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That fall could have messed up more than your teeth. Injuries like this could result in TMJ, neck problems, TBI/migraines (because it is technically a head injury), etc..., so definitely consider filing secondary claims for it.

Good luck, Navy, and be sure to take care of yourself.