VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

To Berta

Rate this question

Guest HolliGreen

Question

Guest HolliGreen

Hi Berta, I just wanted to check in, say hello. I've been battling my last bout of optic neuritis (due to my MS). Anyway, a sense of humor is a handy thing to have when waiting for any type of VA decision. Well, stay warm. Holli G.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Holli- good to see you here-yes it sure takes a sense of humor and lots of other thngs to get our minds off of our claims sometimes.

Claims can consume us.

It is awful waiting and not knowing what is what.

Talk about humor- yesterday I could not get a vet rep at the 800#-I check on my claims every Friday to make sure they are actually still there.The VA robot recording just kept saying to hold on and someone would be with me soon. I waited a long time, hung up and called back twice- no vet rep picked up the phone.

Well I was convinced by then that they have caller ID and are not ever going to talk to my again.

As I waited and waited for someone to answer on my final 800 # call-I happened to look at the TV-

Buffalo(where my RO is) was in a state of emergency! They had an enormous and unexpected snowfall and although the RO was open , hardly anyone could get to work! Over 200,000 people lost power

and schools and many businesses and offices were closed.

Suddenly my claim didnt seem too important. It is miserable to be without power and also to deal with cold weather and lots of snow.

But by Monday I will be anxious to call them again.

Take care Holli- and stay warm too----the waiting is the worse part.