VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There A Such Thing As 100% Schedular And Iu?

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

I ran into an older couple the other day and they were both 100% VA SC. His wife asked me if I was IU 100% VA SC, and she claimed it was more money. Is there a such thing as getting approved for IU, even though I am already 100 VA SC. Thanks and hope you guys and gals had a good Thanksgiving.

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Technically, no, if you are 100% scheduler, the issue of TDIU is moot. The VA won't adjudicate a claim, for TDIU, if a claimant is a 100% and vice versa. I'm thinking they may be receiving HB or A&A, with an SMC "s" award. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

The 100% schedular and TDIU are treated as the same (sort of) by the VA.

In actual fact, they are based upon different laws/reguations, so they are not the same.

Can you get paid for both? HA!

But, if besides a 100% single SC'd condition, you have additional conditions that add up to 60% or more,

then SMC comes into play. VA math, according to the VA, starts over to calculate the 60%, which is a rather large

bone of contention, since the law can be read that the first 100% consumed the VA math completely.

Update 12/23!!!

My current FDC claim went to Prep for Decision yesterday, and I don't know if it is a good thing or not. This claim would be complete in 2 months. At the bottom of the claim status it states "evidence that we did not receive from you for new and material evidence for previously claimed low back pain". What irritates the hell out of me is that I uploaded all my evidence on Ebenefits a month ago, and mailed it to the VA Evidence Intake Center too, WTH!!! I am so tired of us Vets having to go the extra mile for our claims, and the VA comes up with every bull crap excuse in the world. My last FDC back in the summer, the VA claimed that my Evidence was never uploaded on Ebenefits, even though I had he print out showing what time and date that it was infact uploaded. Hope you guys have a good Christmas, and God Bless!!!

I recently received my award letter from the VA and it clearly states that the unemployability that I put in for was granted and that I was permanent and total. I will not be seeking any type of employment but I am looking into whether I should be receiving any type of SMC on a monthly basis because if it. I have one condition rated at 70% and another at 50%.