VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Urgent! Anyone Please Help Examples Of Sleep Apnea Imo

Rate this question

oats

Question

I need an example to show a sleep doctor of what an IMO looks like for sleep apnea for a service member that has no medical documents in SMR to prove a nexus but has 2 buddy statements and already rated 70% PTSD. I am putting this claim secondary to sleep apnea.. please someone help.

also a few more questions, whats the difference between the IME and the IMO and when i do the C&P exam whats the difference between the IME and that?

I asked the VA who conducted the sleep lab for an IMO and i guess they cant/wont do it, so i have to get a private doc

please help, also if there is any doctors in long island new york area that can help that wont break my bank account id apprechiate it

4 answers to this question

Are there any imo's of any secondary to ptsd without any medical evidence to use except lay evidence from buddy statements and those studies? that's what I need... Please If anyone can post there's or post here it is much appreciated !!!

NavyWife,

I was impressed with the examples you provided from David Anaise. He has some great credentials and as a doctor and veteran's attorney his perspective when writing an IMO covers both the medical requirements of a good IMO and the legal considerations required to comply with VA policies, 38 cfr 4 and other applicable federal law. If I had the need for an IMO, I would definitely consider using David Anaise.

Thanks...