VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Denial For Lack Of Quarters - Ideas? Thanks, Cg

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Dataman

Gee none that I know of. SSI does not require qrts, but income based (Won't qualify if you have too much income 600 bucks or so).

Talk to a SSA Lawyer and see what's next.

DM

• HadIt.com Elder
Already advised you what to do, a few posts down.

pr

thanks, working that disability onset issue date now. just double checkin my brain yours,cg

My wife applied for SSD a couple of years ago and was denied.

Her depression has gotten worse and she is thinking about trying again.

She has never worked outside our home.

Question is: How much might she receive monthly? Would the fact that she didn't work determine the monthly check?

Any advice will be appreciated.

R,

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

Many times a Veteran does not get credit to quarters earned due to service and that will get them over the hump. To get SSD you have to work enough quarters to qualify for it. Another mistake sometimes made is when the applic ation does not ask for the claim to tie into last day worked.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, sometimes the SSA overlooks military time worked. I tied my last day worked into the first day of disability recognized by SSA. Mine was pretty dramatic since I got fired due to my disability so it was not hard to show the date. Same date for IU and for my start of disability insurance to start. If I could wish one thing is that I had gotten more long term disability insurance and that I had gotten an inflation rider tacked on but my agent talked me out of it. Every young person who can afford disability insurance should get it from private company. More important than life insurance by far.