VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thoughts On C&p Results

Rate this question

wareagle50

Question

Hello! I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I recalled seeing similar posts in hadit.com in a google search I performed.

I just got the results of my C&P and was just wondering if anyone might be willing to offer more qualified thoughts on possible ratings. My current relevant ratings for this post are as follows; LIMITED FLEXION OF KNEE (20%); LIMITED MOTION OF ARM (20%). I was rated in 2004 and just completed C&Ps for an increase. I'll try to keep this short so below are what I think are the relevant DBQ answers. I only included what I think are relevant. Any input on possible ratings is appreciated!

BELOW IS FOR LEFT KNEE ONLY

Flexion: 0 to 90 degrees
Extension: 90 to 10 degrees

Pain noted on exam on rest/non-movement (both extension and flexion)
Pain to palpation medial and lateral knee
No ankylosis
Medial instability: 1+ (0-5 millimeters)
Lateral instability: 1+ (0-5 millimeters)

Residual signs or symptoms due to minescetomy, etc.: Residual pain and decreased ROM
Assistive device: Brace
Have imaging studies been performed? Yes. Degenerative or traumatice arthritis documented

Other significant diagnostic test findings and/or results: 3/22/13 MRI left knee; Postoperative changes, a near complete lateral minisectomy; lateral compartment articular cartilage pathology. Degenerative maceration and probable delicate radial tear of the medial miniscus and articular cartilage disease. Mildly hypoplastic femoral trochlea and patella femoral compartment articular cartilage pathology.

Functional impact: Walk 100 yards, stand 5-10 minutes, sit up to 1 hour

BELOW IS FOR LEFT SHOULDER ONLY

Dominant hand: right
Flexion: 0 to 100 degrees
Abduction: 0 to 110 degrees
External rotation: 0 to 60 degrees
Internal rotation: 0 to 70 degrees

Description of pain (select best response): Pain noted on exam but does not result in/cause functional loss
Muscle strength forward flexion: 4/5; Abduction 4/5
No ankylosis

Hawkins Impingement Test: Positive
Empty-can Test: Positive
External Rotation/Infraspinatus Strength Test: Positive
Lift-off Subscapularis Test: Positive
Have imaging studies been performed? Yes. Degenerative or traumatic arthritis documented

Other significant diagnostic test findings and/or results: 10/10/2012 MRI left shoulder: Marked hypertrohic degenerative osteoarthropathy of left shoulder. Chronic degenerative tear of the rotator cuff tendons, supraspinatus and infraspinatus. Impingment symdrome, Tear of anterior and posterior labrum.

I also submitted a claim for plantar fasciitis and foot pain as secondary to my left knee. Looking at the DBQ, I don't think it will happen. Even though I submitted letters from doctors saying that my left knee caused it, the C&P doc checked the "less likely than not (50% probablity) proximately due to or the result of the SC condition."

Anyway, I'm not sure how the "pain" in the DBQ might factor into a rating for pain. Since my current rating is for knee flexion, I'm thinking I might get 10% for knee extension? Also curious about how the arthritis may factor into a rating. Any feedback would be great!

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet