VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Headaches / Migraines - Denial

Rate this question

onrope

Question

I was recently denied for headaches, migraines as I filed for undiagnosed symptoms.

The explanation in my denial letter states as follows:

Service connection for headaches, migraine is denied since this condition neither occurred in or was caused by service.

Your service treatment records do not contain complaints, treatment, or diagnosis for this condition. The evidence does not show and event, disease or injury in service. we did not find a link between your medical condition and military service. The VA medical opinion found no link between your diagnosed medical condition and military service.

I claimed it was a migraine. But I am not a medically trained person. It is a sever headache though. Isn't headache a presumptive noted in 38 C.F.R. § 3.317(b)(3)? Or did I shaft my self in stating it is a migraine in the DBQ?

I am not being treated for migraines. I am unsure why as I have been mentioning them for 3 years now since going to the VA.

I have attached the DBQ from my recent C&P.

Headache_DBQ.txt

Edited by onrope

Hello onrope, When I was getting ready to retire from USN, I claimed headaches also on my DBQ and it took (2 1/2years) of going to the VA Hospital to finally get a diagnosis of my "Headache Cliam"m (1) I first spoke to a speech therapist, (2) Had to talk to a shrink, (3) Talked to a VA Medical Doctor, then final was given an MRI which showed I had "Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus", due to being in an electrical explosion in 1988, 22 years before I retired.

I had complained about headaches and no-one, would put 2 and 2 together until after I retired. I was finally operated on to have a shunt installed in my brain to relieve all the fluid build-up caused from that explosion. Keep searching in your medical records and see if anything could have caused you to have these heaches and attach all your medical evidence for a claim I did all this on my own and eventually rated 80%.

I hope you don't give up, just keep looking for that needle in the hay stack, you'll find it, if it's there.

Hello onrope, When I was getting ready to retire from USN, I claimed headaches also on my DBQ and it took (2 1/2years) of going to the VA Hospital to finally get a diagnosis of my "Headache Cliam"m (1) I first spoke to a speech therapist, (2) Had to talk to a shrink, (3) Talked to a VA Medical Doctor, then final was given an MRI which showed I had "Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus", due to being in an electrical explosion in 1988, 22 years before I retired.

I had complained about headaches and no-one, would put 2 and 2 together until after I retired. I was finally operated on to have a shunt installed in my brain to relieve all the fluid build-up caused from that explosion. Keep searching in your medical records and see if anything could have caused you to have these heaches and attach all your medical evidence for a claim I did all this on my own and eventually rated 80%.

I hope you don't give up, just keep looking for that needle in the hay stack, you'll find it, if it's there.

Thanks.

See this is where I get confused. I thought that headaches / migraines were a presumptive of SW Asia.

Like airborne82 mentioned the rater may have saw I said I feels like a migraine. But frankly I don't know what a migraine is supposed to feel like. All I know is my head hurts.

So I guess since I said it was I migraine I self diagnosed myself. Therefor it's not considered an undiagnosed illness. ??? I have no idea.

Edited by onrope