VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Dependency Claim

Rate this question

Wjason777

Question

I originally filled for a dependency claim on paper in 04/2012 When I first got married for my wife and 2 step children. I called back in 12/2012 to check the status of the claim and I was informed that they only thing that is missing was the city and state of where my wife was Devoriced from her previous marriage, I provide that information on the phone to the Va. My claim as of right now is still pending. Last month(11/2014) I filed online through ebenefits and was finally granted the increase this month.

My question to you guys is, Since I originally filled on paper bAck 04/2012. Do I rate back pay from then?

I believe you will get retro back to 2012. I have dealt with reps at the Georgia Department of Veteran's Services and the reps I talked with seemed to be incompetent. I believe the VA lady you talked with on the 800 number gave you correct info.

Bob is probably getting flooded with e-mails as word has gotten out about him responding to vets so give him a little time and I believe he will reply to you.

Also since it is back pay for over 2 years it could be alot of money. At a certain amount it has to be signed off by some other higher authorities. I would just keep on top of it. I will still request your c-file. I know my letter was in there along with an additional piece of paper that a rater had to write on a form stating talked with Veteran to make sure had proper divorce date and city, State. Sometime they give you internal notes about your claim. I saw all kinds of stuff in mine. One rater telling another rater to take a certain document and have it signed by XX manager rater. Guess they forgot to take some of that information out but I used it against them for a solid claim. Like you just frustrated on the time it takes for claims to process.