VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I've Been Given An 11 Day Notice Of My C And P. Is This Normal?

Rate this question

rafebanks

Question

Seems a little farfetched, but anything is possible.

Maybe one of the elders on the board has experienced this or seen it happened.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

RAFE: What you say, can and will be used against you! Plan on showing up for your C&P, don't you dare miss it. Be yourself, the examiner is just a Man/Woman and probably a Dr doing a job. Ask right away what the C&P exam is for. Are you aware of anything relating to your IU award that has changed in the last year? SC condition improved or income increase above $12,???.00 per year? Were your awarded IU T&P with no future exams scheduled? If this C&P exam is the result of Diary Date for a future exam, the Dr will be looking to see if any testing is needed to continue your current SC ratings.

Whatever this C&P exam is for, be sure to get a copy of the completed DBQ and the Dr's clinician notes from the exam as soon as there posted in your VA Hosp Records.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Rafe: This C&P appears to be in response to your Dr putting into your med record info regarding your PTSD being T&P. Set back and enjoy the ride. As fracked up as you are, this C&P should be a piece of cake. The VA doesn't appear to be wanting to cut your rating, maybe put a little whip cream on it.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

The rules for PTSD have changed in recent times. I would not be surprised to find that "bottom fishers" in the VA are trying to find out if it's worth the effort

to generate cost reductions by re-evaluating past PTSD determinations. The Bonus program is still alive, although changed, and so forth.

Gaston,

I like your scenario. You seem very confident with your reply. Im not on the forum often. Can you tell me where your conclusion comes from or can you point me in the right direction?

Getting a voice mail today that in 11 days I have my C and P freaked me out.

My Psychiatrist put a note that I was P and T in August. But the case opened before that note. And I have a couple of years of med changes, counseling, inpatient stays. Thanks for your help!

Semper Fi,

Rafe