VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Hearing

Rate this question

qrdgv2tebc

Question

Hi to all

Had my BVA hearing in Manila, vidio-conference with Washington, DC. It lasted about forty-five minutes, i had three claim pending. the first claim we talk about was my PTSD claim. the judge ask me about five questions about where i was on the Z in Korea, what was the name of the guard post i was on. also about how my ptsd effects me today. she was a little taking back by the fact that i was diagnosed with PTSD but also with chronic depression. {six times} and why VERO did not find what they callan error untill 2003. she also brough up the fact that i have been S/C since 1997, which is six years.she ask me why do i think my PTSD was servered, i told her that they did consider my ARCOM or my AFEM because i did not have a "V' for valor. then we went back to the first hearing i had in 1998, where the the adjudicator stated that my DD214 shows ARCOM and AFEM and it states in the hearing that we, meaning VARO made a mistake and should have S/C me at the time for Chronic depression, and have another C&P for PTSD. the Judge stated that to denie PTSD is not based on medals alone, there is a whole crieteria for ptsd. i told her i has another C&P in Jan 1999 and was dignosed with PTSD/ Chronic depression retro back to 1997. the judge said she was going to look at all my C&P's i had pertaing to depression and ptsd. and the last question she ask what was teh name of th town outside the DMZ.

Then we move on to my heart claim, she said my record showed that i was treated for high blood pressure and high cholestro in sewrvice in 1982 i said yes i was put on a maintinance program for it, sahe ask me when was the fist time i went to complain about cvhest pain in service i t was in 1983, and i gave her dates i was diagnosed with a heart conditions and how many time, she ask me do i think my heart condition began in service i said yes.

Then we moved on to my Barretts esophagus claim, i had to make a correction on that claim, the varo had it down to Barretts esophagus secondary to my heart, i told her that was a mistake , that my claim is for Barretts esophagus secondary to my S/C Gastritis, she told me she will make a written change to this claim., she said looking at my records that i had been in the hospital many time in service with stomach problems to include ulcers, gastritis, reflux disease esophagitis grade [4] she ask me how many time i have been diagnosed with Barretts, i told her five times by my fee-base dotors, she said you have many opinion here in your record and one from the Va doctor, then she ask the service officer that was in the room form varo, was he aware of that fact, he could not answer the judge. we talk about a few other things. then she askif there was anything else to discuss. i said no. then she told me she was well pleased with the way i answer all her question and that i was well prepared. i said thank you, then i added that i beleive that all my claim had there begining in service and progressed to where i am at now. So i hope it works inn my favor.

the only thing was that my DAV represenitive did not show up for the hearing, the jjudge said she would make a note of this. i show her an e-mail that i received the night before from Kevin Gregory telling me not to worry that a DAV rep would be ther for me. but the DAV WAS A NO SHOW.

Patrick

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Patrick-I am glad you got that all behind you.

And it is awful that the DAV didnt show up- but it sounds like you handled it all very well.

I hope you hear a result soon from all of this.

The heart claim sounds strong and I think they will check the stressors again for the PTSD claim and maybe this will all be over for you.

I wonder -by the questions she asked-if they really did try to verify your stressors at all?

Lets hope this will be your final episode with the VA.and that the PTSD will never be severed.

Patrick,

Sounds like the interview went good.

Are you able to get proper medical care in PI? I lived in Ozamis City, on Mindanao where my wife is from, and back in 1995 couldn't get the pain meds and Xanax that I took then, so we moved back state side.

I know that on Luzon I probally could get the medical care.

Sure hope that they rule in your favor, sounds good to me.

BoonDoc