VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security Disability ?

Rate this question

foreveryoung

Question

Hello All, and thanks for the great Podcast with Bob Walsh the other day.

I really liked what he was talking about on Social Security Disability. Bob stated that even if you don't have enough quarters paid in you should still apply.

That's what got me thinking. I retired early from the Federal Government after 30 years, CSRS, 3 years ago, due to my VA disabilities. I would have worked longer if I was able to, but my disabilities told me different. During these 30 years I didn't pay into Social Security, but I did pay into the system earlier in my working career, a total of 23 quarters.

I recently got awarded 100% TDIU P&T after 3 years of back and forth with the VA.

My plan after I retired from the Government was to have a part time job to finish paying my quarters into Social Security. Well that's not going to happen now.

So, here's my question, am I able to apply for Social Security Disability even if I haven't paid into the system in over 30 years?

Thanks for all you do here at Hadit.com for Veterans.

Edited by foreveryoung

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks GP. I Understand Buddy.

She has about 4 more days to mail it back to the SSA office.

Just trying to get our ducks in a roll so to speak.

She has to take Breaks when she cooks or does laundry or anything that requires standing /bending.....but she does it it takes 3 times as long as normal person but she does it with pain.

I think she has mention this in her report

I help all I can when she will let me.... kinda stubborn at times

Oh well we will answer it the best we/she can.

Thanks

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are on SSDI and you fill out a report for her, expect to see your review letter in a few days as they retaliate against you for doing it.

It happened to me.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh No J,

she is filling out these forms herself, just takes her a long time filling them out she can't sit over 15/20 minutes at a time some day's less than that, she has to go lay on a heating pad, she has spent 8 days on these already.

I do help her with her read medical reports dates ect,,ect,, & she writes them down

She just don't know how to answer some of the questions.

I mean she can walk and sit but no longer than a certain time limit, she gets up in the mornings and goes out back yard and piddles with her plants but only is out there 15 minutes at a time and then she has to go lay down on the heating pad it may take her all day piddling with just one little plant. its just hard to explain that to SSD.

When I mention above ''I help her all I can'' I meant I help her around the house...cleaning /cooking/laundry/make the Bed ect,,ect,,

I wonder how a person could fill out theses forms that is unable to?

Its all we can do to go to the SSA office here in Dallas its on one of the busiest highways here in Dallas ( 75 Central)

Thanks J

.............Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

bump :unsure: