VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Recent Question About Appeal Evidenced Asked Differently

Rate this question

add55p

Question

All

recently, I asked a question about VA duty if the received new evidence prior to one year after the rating decision.

Here is my revised question: Is VA required to send me a Supplemental Statement of the Case if I sent in a statement from my doctor (nexus) prior to one year after the rating decision?

Thank you..

Add

Free Spirit

I feel that the regional office just rubber stamped my claim. The errors were so obvious. My biggest problem is, despite me passing evidence through my VSO explaining the errors, instead of fighting for me at the regional office, they completed the 646 and assisted in certifying my claim to the BVA.

I totally understand that the VA is trying to get claims processed as quickly as possible, however, in doing so, they should not simply ignore evidence just to get the claim adjudicated.

My understanding is that there are several phases of checks and balances that the claims goes through before the decision is sent to the veteran. As for my claim, it is hard to believe that there was any type of quality control measures taken to ensure all of the evidence was taken into consideration before my denial was mailed out.

Someone told me that there were certain types of claims that the regional office had to send to the BVA because they did not have too much authority at the RO to grant on the benefit of the doubt rule.

Take care!

Thanks

Add.