VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anyone Reccomend Sleep Apnea Imo Doctors?

Rate this question

oats

Question

2 answers to this question

I think you are on the right track with Anaise. Save, borrow, whatever you gotta do...

You need a doctor that can include notations in his letter to the studies linking PTSD and sleep apnea. And then relate those studies to your case specifically. If he can do that then he is the one you need. If not, then you could look through imenet.com for other doctors. However they are not aware of VA protocol, so you would have to explain it all to them-and that might be difficult. Most IMOs are around $1500.

I'm assuming you already have a diagnosis of sleep apnea. You will need that current diagnosis.

If I hit a dry hole after the VA's DRO decision on my evidence, my IME/IMO reports from the Ellis Clinic and an IMO from my oncologist who has treated my cancer condition for going on two decades, I will probably use Dr. Anaise myself. Talked to him once when I was debating an IME/IMO versus just an IMO, and opted for the Ellis Clinic at the time. A bit more affordable, plus you get a full face to face examination.

However, Dr. Anaise is medical doctor who is also an attorney, and I found him to be quite professional. JMHO.

Mark