VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd, Chronic, Severe

Rate this question

snake doctor

Question

Although you don't have the PTSD award yet,

did you send the SSA the results of the C & P you posted here?

"I have not seen a write up similar to that since VA awarded my husband 100% P & T for PTSD,

(posthumously...three years after he died.....Combat Vietnam USMC)"

The SSDI awarded my husband solely for PTSD,in his lifetime, based on VA psych tests and his PTSD Inhouse program documentation. He was only 30% SC at that time for PTSD.

About 3 years after he died ( because I had filed for accrued on his pending PTSD claim) the VA finally awarded 100% P & T for PTSD.

The SSA had considered ALL of his VA psychiatrict records. The VA however denied me because they never considered any of his psychiatric records.

SSA had at that time and I dont think this has changed, a Reconsideration potential.

My husband's inital SSDI award was for a NSC stroke ( Now 1151 as if SC stroke)and they didnt not consider his PTSD at all.

I found a regulation at their offiice that says they have to consider all disabilities listed and he listed PTSD first on his SSDI app, and then the stroke as he considered his PTSD to be his main disabling problem.

SSA tried to talk him and me out of filing the Reconsideration Request.

There is only a limited amount of time for them to accept this type of request.

They even told him another review might take away the SSA for his stroke.

I wrote the request and sent them their own regulation that they broke and evidence of his PTSD , certainly manifested at a much higher rate than the VA was still giving him.

In a few months he won the recon request, won about 18 thousand more SSDI due to the EED (the last day he worked) and then VA, after he died finally considered this SSDI award and awarded the posthumous 100% P & T rating.

You might be able to do this if SSA didn't have or consider all of the evidence ....unless there is some other reason they denied.

They have a specific form I used for the Reconsideration Request.

Edited by Berta

I could not imagine a percentage other than 70 or 100 percent, but Im interested in knowing why the denial for SSD. Its probably something along the lines of social security NOT having the document you posted, or, not accepting VA's exam.

It sounds like time to get you a social security lawyer..to appeal your ssd denial.

It could also be a income issue as to the amount of money that was made for the fiscal year. If you get rated at 100% I would reapply again before getting a lawyer and give up your funds for nothing. It seems common that most of us get denied the first time around for SSDI and then submit or obtain new evidence to prove our case but you already have a strong one here. I got approved with a 70% rating from SSDI and my C&P examination wasn't as favorable as yours. A lot of things depends on the person who is reviewing or over your case file as people differ. Good luck and this is just my experience and opinion. Good Luck