VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Secondary Condition

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Hi folks, I had a exam on my right knee at Pittsburgh VAMC. The doctor said I have deterating cartlidge and arthritis with x-ray's. I am s/c 50% for lumbar and both left and right lower extrimities. I am claiming my knee condition due to my limping, and favoring my left leg. with my right as secondary to s/c injury. The RO has the exam report from the Doctor. Will this count as my C&P? Or do you think they will line me up for one? I called RO in Pitts for status and they told me they requested my file for what I don't know!!

Any idea's on the rateing for my knee? VA Doctor sugessted shots and P/T, in the future canidate for knee replacement, I am not to keen on that idea. In his report he wrote there IS evadence of mild to moderate DJD right knee, with arthritis.

Any help will be great

Thanks mrstix

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA will schedule you for a C&P exam. I don't know what the rating might be. I would sure do the PT before I went for a replacement. I would get a second opinion on my own from a doctor outside the VA system. Knee replacement is serious business. They last about ten years from what I hear and then they have to be replaced again.