VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Main Va Ins Co Class Action Case

Rate this question

Berta

Question

"Prudential Insurance Co, the primary VA Insurance Co for underwriting life insurance for veterans and serivcemembers, just settled a huge class action lawsuit for $40 million. The suit was between Prudential and family members of some 67,000 fallen veterans who were stiffed death benefits."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/12/11/va-insurance-co-settles-class-action-lawsuit-40-million/

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/prudential_ordered_by_federal.html

I wonder if this Prudential case has affected anyone here.

About 15 years ago I was in the John Hancock Life Insurance settlement due to the class action filed against them.

Beginning almost 4 decades before this action was filed, I had been a JH customer, never dreaming that some of the policies I had bought were based on manipulated facts by the insurance agents.These were mainly their Estate builder policies they started pushing in the late 1980s.

Everyone has to be careful when it comes to insurance but I was shocked to see how Prudential underwrote veterans policies, to their own detriment or to their survivors detriment.....and how can the VA itself be absolved of allowing this to occur????

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet