VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Very Confused ! Any Help!

Rate this question

scoota

Question

Hi, I am new here and really need help. I have a 50% rating for PTSD. I was working. Vets took me out of work and put me in PTSD program three times now.They say I am too bad to return to work. Told me to file for unemployability and increase to 70%. So I loose my job with full benifits and my wife will have no medical insurance? I got a 8940 form in the mail. I am having alot of trouble with this PTSD.I am worried about loosing my medical for my wife. Also the income is far below what I make. How can they do this to me and how can I survive? I am very confused about all this and how to fill out these forms. Any ideas? Scoota

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

The 70% with unemployability is equal to the 100% rating , so you would receive $2,393 each month + $68 for each dependant. Your wife/dependants would also then have medical coverage.

There are also a lot of additional benefits at the 100% - tax breaks on your propery, car tags & such - that would help off-set your cost of loosing the income from your job.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veteran

You have your foot in the door with your current rating. You have the evidence you need that you are now 100% with your fireing. Not only will you qulify for 199% VA comp. You can get SSD. I get additonal to my VA comp over $1.200. Total diablity should take care of your family. Good luck.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder
The 70% with unemployability is equal to the 100% rating , so you would receive $2,393 each month + $68 for each dependant. Your wife/dependants would also then have medical coverage.

There are also a lot of additional benefits at the 100% - tax breaks on your propery, car tags & such - that would help off-set your cost of loosing the income from your job.

"Your wife/dependants would also then have medical coverage."

Only if the claimant is found P&T, will they get medical coverage (CHAMPVA).

pr

On the 21-8940 form, under Remarks, refer them to a separate page and tell them what you told us here as to being told not to work and how PTSD affects you on the job.Make sure your c file number, name and address is on this page. Make sure you have copies of whatever you send them.

Get some good internet printouts at a Medication web site for your meds and tell them what side affects your PTSD meds have that make you unemployable.

If you have any statements in your personnel file that show your disability is affecting your ability to work, attach them if you can.

The PTSD program- do you mean the In House 21 day program?

Did the VA pay you for a Temporary total Disability payment (at the 100% rate)for each of these 3 hositalizations?

Thank You All! I am really scared. I thought the way this worked was, I would get money at 100% even though I was rated at 70 % disabled due to unemployability. I thought my wife would not be covered for medical unless I was at the 100%. This PTSD thing really ####. I am gratful for the help.

Scoota