VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

States Requiring Individual Unemployability (Iu) Certification

Rate this question

scythis

Question

Hi all, I was wondering about a letter I received from the VA. It says for IU that "The Veteran must periodically cerify continued unemployability, but if there is no scheduled future reduction or medical examination required, he/she may be considered by some states to be permanently and totally disabled."

Does anyone happen to know what states those are? I have TDIU and was wondering if I should expect a C&P in the future, even though its been 4 years without one.

Thanks!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are TDIU and you don't go back to work you just send VA the Employment Questionnaire at least once a year on TDIU anniversary date. Certified mail of course. I have been TDIU for 13 years and no C&P. The only real way they can tell you are better is if you go back to work. Unless you can gross about $100,000 for life keep the TDIU. Did you file for SSDI based on being TDIU? I would.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the vets that are TDIU P&T don't need to send in the questioner?... I been TDIU P&T with no future exams scheduled for 13 years now and I was sending in the employment questioners in every year for about the first 6 or 7 or years and got a letter from RO stating it is not necessary to send in the questioner, so I stopped send those in that's been 5 years or so now...but if your not sure or never got a letter from your RO its better to send it.

The old form I used was Employment Questioner Form 21-4140, if its changed? I not aware of?

You can print it off the computer and check the box upper right corner X=NO put your SS/File Number, Name & Date in the box that says your not working and sign & date it at the bottom leave phone no. Daytime & Evening

then send it in return receipt requested... make a copy for your records.