VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question?

Rate this question

notapb1

Question

I was just told by my Regional Office in Buffalo that my claim for IU is in the pending decision process. It has been there since the beginning of September. Anyone have an idea or educated guess how much longer it will be? I would greatly appreciate it.

Bill

Received a call yesterday from the VA as I had sent a question as to why my claim no longer showed up in E benefits early part of November. She explained that this type of claim will not be listed there. She said my updated status from reading the notes was that they were trying (????) to figure out how to code it. I asked what does that mean as it's an IU claim. She said they were trying to code it either IU or PTSD, then quickly back tracked saying she wasn't sure what was going on but she was going to put a note in to expedite as it had gone passed their normal time. Any thought on the coding comment?

Thank you!

Note: Might be working on your "BAR" check or determining if you should be rated P & T with no future exams. I was awarded by DRO on 6/27/14 @ about 9:45am and VRO-Rep had DRO's Award on his desk that afternoon at 3:30. I didn't get the Big Brown VA Award envelope till very near end of July. My "BAR" check was in the bank before the envelope arrived.

Hope thats not the TRAIN's light you see.

Semper Fi

Gastone