VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success

Rate this topic

Mike Soumis

In August I was granted 80% and on 10-04-06 i was granted TDIU. This was 2 yrs. to the day that I had my severe GI bleed which due to severe low blood and low pressure I had a watershed event in the cervical cord resulting in spinal cord damage. My SO filed a 1151 claim for me. It took several appeals, SSDI, and disability retirement and all my medical records, and thanks to Berta and John 999's help, I was able to get TDIU. Thanks Berta, John 999, and Tbird. Also, Pete 53, thanks for your encouragement. Pete 53 is the first Hadit member that emailed me with words of encouragement. I had a difficult unusual case which I felt my SO didn't understand, the doctors even can't figure out what all really took place, but the IMO's and a letter from my wife to the VA and Berta's and John 999's advise was key. I filed the appeals myself. Thank you and I hope it works out for everyone here. mike

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike- that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

Then again-you suffered for this award----

and the IMO you got- if it cost you money-this was a real good investment Mike-

I am so happy for you----and I hope they gave you the proper retro amount.

By the way was it Permanent and Total TDIU?

Medical evidence is what wins a claim and you had what you needed!!!!!

Great News Mike! Berta

Mike- that is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

Then again-you suffered for this award----

and the IMO you got- if it cost you money-this was a real good investment Mike-

I am so happy for you----and I hope they gave you the proper retro amount.

By the way was it Permanent and Total TDIU?

Medical evidence is what wins a claim and you had what you needed!!!!!

Great News Mike! Berta

it says, we granted entitlement to the 100% rate eff. June 14, 2005. No examination will be scheduled in the future. My overall or combined rating is 80% plus special monthly compensation. I'm relieved thats its all settled and done. The medical records were all the same hospital records that were put together from when I was hospitalized and the neurologist reports that developed as a result of all the EMG's and poking they've done for the last 18 mo. I was fortunate that my P.O. insurance paid almost all the bills.