VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Sec Bob Mcdonald Really Cares About Veterans!

Rate this topic

Jeffersonrl68

Yes, he does Care about vets! This is Great News for you, and in the long run potentially for many more because for the first time I can remember in over the past 30 years, no former Secretary took the time and efforts that Sec Bob is taking to straighten out

the mess the VA claim has process has become.

If were you I would look over the decision carefully to see if they committed a CUE in it.

And then if you follow my GCY template here ( Go CUE Yourself) for using this tactic, in the appellate period,it could possibly go faster than the NOD route.

If they did commit a CUE in the rating ( they probably do that more then we know)based on established evidence they had,

direct this request to the initials in the alphanumeric code at top right hand side of the decision.

This will not stop the NOD clock however, so if they don't respond within a reasonable period of time, make sure the NOD is filed in timely fashion. Or file it a few days after filing the CUE....

that way the CUE claim will have to be decided first as it would be in receipt prior to the NOD.

The VA Schedule of Ratings here contains the diagnostic codes and ratings for each code.That info is halfway down the link of goodies (there is lots of significant info in the VASRD)

Edited by Berta

HI all

The feelings that are written, and felt on this thread, should all be sent to the Sec.

Sometimes, when I am at a function where they ask all vets to stand up, I sometimes feel

like not standing. What the VA has put me through over the last 8 years has taken away

a lot of my pride. I could have gone to Engineering school instead of signing that blank

check in 1969. I actually was one of the people that got spit on. I wasn't a baby killer, I

was a kid that could run a lathe.

Thank you all for your service.

RickH.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use