VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Docs And Ptsd Scandal?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I have hesitated to post the initial link I got on this last week, because , although Ben Krause is a lawyer and disabled vet, with a good web site, I was not sure about the info because the C & P doc site went down:

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/12/22/mmqb-wrap-ptsd-scandal-last-week/

There is more to this than meets the eye however.....and it has gotten the attention of the H VAC....

"Last week, we uncovered a clandestine VA website run by VA psychologists who function as Comp & Pension examiners that led to a PTSD scandal as matters unfold. The website and related materials indicate VA employees were using non-sanctioned resources to assess veterans for PTSD while focusing on malingering studies that are discouraged by the agency.

The discovery may lead to a class action lawsuit against the psychologists involved and the House Committee on Veterans Affairs is investigating the matter.

These psychologist ran a secret website where VA employees and contractors were able to discuss policies and problems related to their job. Shortly after exposure of the website, it was taken down.

What we need now is to find veterans who may have been impacted. These veterans may have received unfavorable compensation evaluations related to PTSD where the examiner was a member of the group and potentially relying on non-sanctioned techniques to assess PTSD severity."

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/12/22/mmqb-wrap-ptsd-scandal-last-week/

I assume Ben is looking to the Comments area for input from possibly affected vets ( I think his other contact info is there at this site as well)

because any potential class action case depends on having members of the class......and knowing who some of these veterans are.....

and maybe Kate7772's husband was one of them......

The PTSD C & P exam her husband got still is baffling to me.

And so is the VA's denial.

Edited by Berta