VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Surprised

Rate this question

diver

Question

Well I’m not surprised. I just received in the mail today a notice from the VA stating that I needed to submit VA form 21-0781 by 30 days from the date on the notice. I received it on 12/22 and it has to be in by 12/23. This does not surprise me at all. I see that they are still doing what they can to screw the veteran. Sorry for my rant but this has me rather angry. I submitted them unsigned via the blue button and also I faxed a signed copy to my rep in hopes that he can get it turned in on time and that I will be covered.

Diver

Diver: Very Strange, I've never experienced a mail delivery problem with the VA over the past 6 yrs, trust you saved the VA Envelope. Is the 21-0781 available @ E Benny? If so, scan a signed copy as an attachment just to CYA.

I don't recall ever reading anything regarding the VA using the same policy as the IRS regarding "Date Mailed" as the official date of receipt. Another CYA, mail it today US Mail Cert Return Receipt. The ??$10.00 might be a wise investment at this point, or not. Relying on your VSO-Rep is questionable, in my opinion. Unless you live an out of the question distance from the VARO, is a drive and personal hand delivery to the VA Front Desk and getting an actual Delivery Receipt out of the question???? The VA will even make a copy of your paper work with the Receipt Date Stamp on it. That would completely eliminate your current problem, right.

Merry Christmas

Semper Fi

Gastone

The postmark date is on the 2nd of December. So it is possible that the US postal service lost it. At this point I hope everything that I have done will work. I have no ability to hand deliver one and I don't have a lot of faith inmy rep. I was able to supply all of the dates of my mud exams that have me diagnosed with PTSD and all so severe depression so if all else falls through I have the depression secondary to pain that will be rated.

Diver

I went through a similar issue with the VA. I spoke with the VARO manager and he explained they have to accept the date you mail it. Send it Certified mail and you will be covered.