VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Always Claims They Dont Receive The Evidence!

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

I filed my Current FDC claim in Oct 14 and it just went to Prep for Decision on 12/22. At the bottom of the claims status page it states" Below is new and material evidence that we did not receive from you for previously denied lower back pain", WTH!! I uploaded the evidence a month ago via Ebenefits, have the print out for it, and mailed the evidence at the same time to the VA Evidence Intake Center. What irritates the Hell out of me is that I had this issue with my last claim, where the VA stated they did not receive evidence for this same issue, yet again I had the print outs from the site with date and time that evidence was uploaded. I am so tired of this Bull Crap where as Veterans we go above and beyond to go thru the 3 Ring Circus called the VA and Comp Exams with Looney Disgruntled Docs, then we have to chase the VA to give them our Evidence that they should have already, then the VA gives us the Damn runaround thru the whole process, even if the claim is granted in the end. I am sorry that I ranted on folks. God Bless and I hope all you Vets and Supporters have a great Christmas. I will keep you guys posted.

• HadIt.com Elder

One thing to remember is to do everything in writing. "If it can't be read, it wasn't said!" We are all guilty of this, cuz it's easier to "call" than to take the time to write and send whatever our correspondence is. If you do call, always send a follow-up letter(and email) stating what was said and how you interpreted/understood what was stated. It's an added layer of protection! jmo

pr

Navy04: I really think most at the VA are trying to do their job to the best of their ability Our problem is, we don't really know if the VA employee handling our C-File or Case in general is a Victim of the "Peter Principle," meaning they've reached their level of incompetence. I think most of the "Old Dog" Vets heard something about the 10% rule regarding everything from civilian to military personnel, that's everybody, Right. 10% of all VA employees gets to a scary number.

With all that said, I think it comes down to the Vet doing his due diligence when it comes to submitting any and all Evidence or any other Document to the VA. US Mail Cert RTN Recp has always been the preferred and recommended method of delivery, right. How do you or anyone else know exactly what was in the envelope?

Paper Trail, Paper Trail! Think about recent IRS Scandal, deleted emails are a NO NO, big time. Most Private Copanies and all State and Federal Agencies are prohibited by Federal And State Regulations regarding Emails and any other electronic communication. Before I started Scanning to PDF and attaching documents to my VA claims, I would do the US Mail thing and also "HAND Deliver" to my VARO. Get the original date stamped by the Receiving Staff and a copy of the doc with the VA Stamp on it. "Over Kill" some would say. My claim, my money and definitely my decision. I think more is better than less, right. CMA-CMA-CMA! A little extra time and money is worth the peace of mind, they got it and can't say they didn't.

Semper Fi

gastone

I agree with all.

Very frustrating with information not getting in the correct hands and especially to decision makers whom make the ultimate call on claims.

I don't know how the system can be rectified except by creating more man power and more information centers to ensure information is uploaded.

This a frustrating part of the process and probably attributes to at least 55% of the dysfunction in the claims process.

Thanks again for the support guys. Just don't know how much more we can do to make the VAs job easier. We do all the hard work, and research, yet in the end it is up to a majority of Idiots to decide our Outcome!!!

Folks:

It's interesting because I filed a FDC with "all" evidence and it was turned into the Regional Office. But, now , I'm not so sure that all of the the evidence that I turned in is still there? The reason I say that is that I filed a FOIA and when I went to find out whay it's taking so long the Privacy Officer held up what was supposed to be my C-File and the package was way too small? I turned in about 1200-1500 documents and the package represented about 300 pages? Supposedly, when I turned in my package, the VBA was supposed to be digitising those files? Also, recently, they have doubled the completion time estimates? So, my confidence is at a very low level at this point that all of the evidence is there?

• HadIt.com Elder

I want to go look at my File when it seems things are dragging. I have done this more than once and found major problems. Back in 2002 I had asked for a DRO Hearing on advice from some here at Hadit. I went to the VARO to look at my file and found out the VA was waiting around to send my claim to the BVA. I nixed that fast because I did not want a three year wait when I had all the evidence I needed to win at the VARO. If it seems something is wrong with the way your claim is going then there probably is something wrong. I would rather keep my claim local where I can check in person to see what evidence they have rather than FDC where I can't see what is going on at all. I used the FDC system once. It took just as long due to VA screw up. They had all the evidence they needed but delayed my claim saying they were waiting for 5103 waiver request. I made sworn statements that my claim was ready to rate and I had no more evidence. Finally, after trips to congressmen and senators the VA got off their asses and sent me for C&P which just confirmed my evidence and I was awarded an increase in a month. This took about 14 months to do the simplest claim imaginable.

John