VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much More Do I Need...

Rate this question

Rodeo9112

Question

12 year AF vet here with time in OIF. Just wondering, if I'm already rated at 80%, how much more will I need to get to 100% or totally disabled? I know the formula is complicated, but I'm hoping someone has experience enough to rattle off an answer. My understanding is that any additional rating will be a percentage of the 20% I have remaining--which means I need more than 50% to get me over 90% which means 100%. Is that right?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Google 38 cfr 4.25 and you will see the combined ratings table which will give you your answer. It appears like you would need another 80% to go along with your current 80% to give you 95% which would be rounded off to 100%. Others will correct me if I am wrong. JMO

Have a Merry Christmas

• HadIt.com Elder

It is almost impossible to get to 100% scheduler, using multiple disabilities, unless you have a few at 50-60%. You can apply for TDIU if you can't work or you can request increases in current ratings. It's still hard to get to 100%. jmo

pr

Having paired disabilities ie. Right and left hand will increase your chances using the bilateral factor.. I'm at 90% and my appeal is dependent on the bilateral factor math

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.26

http://www.tnvso.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/vadisabilitycalc02a.xls

Okay, great info! Thanks to all who responded. I was under the impression that anything over 90% got rounded to 100%. I know I've got some asthma diagnoses and prescriptions in my record that haven't been claimed. I just want to see if it's worth opening Pandora's box again to get a higher rating or if I should stick with my 80%. I'm inclined toward the latter. The asthma isn't really that bad...yet at least!

90% to 94% is rounded down to 90%. 95% and above is rounded up to 100%.