VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letter Help

Rate this question

FHL Dad

Question

I was wondering if i could get some opinions from the experts on this letter from my primary doc.

I was denied SC for Apnea . Retired mar 2002, diagnosed at civilian doc with sleep anea Aug 2002, who didn't refer for sleep study, then sleep study May 2013

I submitted lay statements from wife and sister, attesting to snoring and stopping breathing and i also submitted the following.

I have recently been seeing and taking care of Mr x for the past several months, and he has been seen by other medical providers while being a patient in our clinic. While being a patient he was diagnosed with Obstructive sleep Apnea. Upon review of his medical records during his time in the Navy, he had signs and symptoms consistent with OSA. these signs and symptoms included an elevated BMI (31.46 on 28 Jan 99) neck size of 17.5" chronic fatigue with poor exercise tolerance, repeatedly elevated blood pressure despite treatment, history of laryngeal swelling and irregular nasal septum which required surgery, history of smoking and EKG changes with evidence of possible LVH. these signs and symptoms are all consistent with a diagnosis of OSA. Based upon review of his STR from the Navy and the fact he was diagnosed shortly after his retirement, it is my opinion that he had some form of OSA while serving on active duty that was not diagnosed .Furthermore this was likely contributing to some of his medical conditions especially in regards to fatigue, hypertension and heart disease. I suspect his medical condtion developed at some point in his Navy career and not after retirement.

Also the same rater denied my Heart attack (CAD) as not service connected, but I am 0% for Hypertension.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Years ago I was diagnosed with arthritics in both knees from a VA PCP and been taking pain meds for it for years.. that PCP retired.

one day I ask a new PCP if my arthritics could have been caused from when I fell off a Duce & Half truck onto cement while I was in the military bruised up both knees for weeks.....the PCP said not likely....(but it can cause it I ask a private Dr one time) anyway I went got my medical records a day later and read what that Dr said in his report...

Veteran ask if his arthritics is caused from falling off a truck when he was in the military years ago I knew what his veteran was trying to do and file a claim for it I stated to this veteran its not likely.....and some more BS but tthis told me never trust a VA doc to help you with your claim..and besides I never mention to this PCP I wanted to file a claim she just assumed I wanted to or was.

I wish that new VA Secretary Bob McDonald would get rid of these type Dr's