VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed for SS Retirement back in Aug 2014 I turn 62 in July 2014...approved for SSR.....Can I file online for SSDI and have them to change it over from SSR to SSD? or SSDI...although I don't show a work record with SSA since 1995...

I won VA claim back in Dec 2002 TDIU P/T disability is of nature and no future exams scheduled.

I did filed for SSDI IN 2003 was ''DENIED''3 Times So I just waited until age 62 to file for SSR...what are my chances of getting approved and have thrm change it over from SSR TO SSD OR SSDI?

And is it better to file online? the SSA office here is always busy and full no where to sit when you get there!

Thanks...anybody?

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh ok Thanks georgiapapa!

Maybe an Indenpendent with years of SSD Law.& Filing SSDI /SSD Claims. with good results!

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I may have found a good SSD Law firm,

Coats & Todd....They also do Veteran's claim's, I'll research them, there not to far from us.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck52,

Binder and Binder is a nationwide firm. Just be careful not to get one of those "new hires" like PR was talking about. JMO

I've found that most of the firms that do that advertising only take the cream on the top. They use paralegals to screen the possible cases and only take slam dunks. I can't think of the name of the one my sister tried to have represent her but they denied taking her case. She found a local female attorney, specializing in SSDI law, and won in under a yr - about 3.5 yrs retro. Well worth the fee she charged.

jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I found a few that's how I found Coats & Todd in Richardson Tx.

http://www.getdisability.org/

They say they have over 40 years experience in SSD Law...and also do Veteran's Claims...there active members with ''nosscr''

I understand about the screening that's not right to do a person like that but if they think they can win and get more $$ That's basicly what its all about...I am still looking I want to find a Attorney that only specialize in SSD Law or that's all they do.

This may take a while...I just want to be sure I got me a good ''Rainmaker'' ...as asknod puts it.

I can't afford to pay up front so they have to take my case knowing if I don't win they don't get paid.

Another thing to consider is I'm running out of time on this claim!

When find one I Like I 'll let you know phililp so you can give me your advice /opinion?

Coats & Todd obviously have other law firms besides the SSD Law Firm.

Thanks Brother Veteran!

Edited by Buck52

I had problems finding a attorney for my ssdi back in 2013 and most of them were saying if you are not 100% we know you won't get it, so they wouldn't take my case. Well I appealed the denial and filled everything again myself and got awarded with retro. I called the lawyer back and told them what happened and they didn't believe me. If you have a strong case you should be able to find a good lawyer.