VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebennies "update Frequency"

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

How often is eBennies updated? I opened a claim informally by phone on June 30, 2014. My VSO submitted the fully-developed claim November 17, 2014 and as yet the VA is still in evidence gathering mode (where it was before we submitted the claim). The VSO said it takes about 23 days for a contractor to scan in the claim and submit it to the VA.

Does it make sense to check twice daily.... or do they update once a day... once a month?

Thanks for any insight into this mystery.

It varies from RO to RO. Some ROs don't update but every few months. You will drive yourself nuts checking it daily. I wouldn't check it more than once a week until your status changed to preparation for decision and then I would start checking your AB8 letter every couple of days. You can find your AB8 letter on ebenefits under downloadable VA letters. Your rating changes will usually show up on your AB8 letter before you receive any notification. JMO

Good luck.

It varies from RO to RO. Some ROs don't update but every few months. You will drive yourself nuts checking it daily. I wouldn't check it more than once a week until your status changed to preparation for decision and then I would start checking your AB8 letter every couple of days. You can find your AB8 letter on ebenefits under downloadable VA letters. Your rating changes will usually show up on your AB8 letter before you receive any notification. JMO

Good luck.

I'm sorry but trying to learn and understand, what is a AB8 letter?

An AB 8 letter is a printable Benefit Verification Letter showing your current rating. Go on ebenefits, click Access My Documents and click Downloadable VA Letters. You will see several different documents available.

There is also a Benefit Summary Letter whch shows your current rating and it also show whether your rating is permanent. If you have a 100% rating you will also find an AB3 letter or Commssary Letter which is used to verify the veteran is entitled to base commissary and base exchange benefits.

Have a Happy New Year.

I cannot find anything listed as an AB 8 letter in my documents on ebenefits. I have a claim that earlier this week was in Preparation for Decision and now has gone back to Gathering of Evidence?

The earliest completion date was also pushed out 3 months later. It also say's development letter sent? My claims are for PTSD and also Depression secondary to Tinnitus. In my VA notes the Psych Dr. and SW have me listed as MDD.

Christmas Eve I had a horrible night that I think was directly related to a medication change I started that day......I had one week at 37.5 Mg Effexor second week at 75 Mg. started Christmas Eve morning at 150 Mg. and went totally berserk that night. It was awful. I probably should have went to the ER, but I didn't. I got downright rude with my wife and could not sleep until 4 AM or so Christmas morning. I put myself back to 37.5 Mg. until I hear from my Dr. which I sent a message to via secure messenger.

The suicidal thoughts were racing Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day. I have them most day's but I just about lost control this time. Now I see my claim has changed, what's next.

Sorry I'm just venting and trying to hold myself together.

Did you click on the "Access My Documents" button and then click on "Downloadable VA Letters" and then click on "Benefit Verification Letter" which is the AB8 letter?

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck.

Did you click on the "Access My Documents" button and then click on "Downloadable VA Letters" and then click on "Benefit Verification Letter" which is the AB8 letter?

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

Good luck.

Thanks GP,

The Benefit Verification Letter is there, nothing designates as the AB8 letter?

The Benefits Summary Letter is there as well, but I don't see anything about a permanent rating.

Sorry, my meds ain't really working. I appreciate all everyone does on Hadit.